Martin O'Neill's got a new job

m4ttm4son

I the Hammers beat Arsenal then that'll make the sacking a bit weird!

1 loss in 9 and beating a top tier team and getting the boot.

O'Neill could turn up, get to the final of the League Cup (expected anyway - fingers crossed) and you only need a few points to get to safety.

It'll be interesting game today as the players could play their hearts out to save him or sit back to ensure he goes.

I think they've been playing fine recently and the results are just starting to come to them. All this talk over the week of seeing what will happen with the Arsenal game before making their mind up etc is rubbish. If you're bottom of the league it doesn't matter what the result is against 3rd in the league. If you lose they're a much superior team anyway, if you win, it's a freak result. The good run he's had recently should keep him in the job, but Martin O'Neill is a name that the Board probably have more faith in.

Grant won't be going back to Chelsea, that's for sure.

West Ham won't beat Arsenal either and to be honest I think the Grant dismissal has come much later than most expected it. The West Ham board have been remarkanly tolerant of a disasterous start to the season. They were lucky to win against Birmingham who had by far the better second half mid week, and I think he has been judged on that performance more than the fact they actually won. I see Birmingham winning the second leg.

I see Arsenal winning relatively easily today.

They were lucky to win against Birmingham who had by far the better second half mid week, and I think he has been judged on that performance more than the fact they actually won. I see Birmingham winning the second leg.

I see Arsenal winning relatively easily today.

I didn't see any luck with Birmingham. I see seem them stron in the second half but not enough. West Ham should have been three or four up and that could bite them in the next leg.

Arsenal should waltz it but you can simply never tell which West Ham is gonna turn up. The hungry one or the one with no passion.

I think that is a supporters view in all honesty. Birmingham had a hatful of chances in the second half and were by far the better team in my opinion.

Credit to WHU though, they took the chance when it came and to do so with a man down was even more spirited (and what an idiot he was).

Reports now say he is in charge for the time being. Complete farce.

Is Avram actually a good manager though? All he has done is play Championship Manager on cheat mode when he was at Chelsea, then has overseen two sides fall into the Championship pretty much.

What a load of crap again from the BBC. In their haste to be the first to break a story just like any old news service, they haven't got the facts right.

Disappointing. Though I'm pleased Avram's still got the job. Would be nice if he had some backing though, then he might even win a few games.

Has Martin O'Niell been in a relegation scrap before? I guess he probably wanted to be with a Premiership team next year.

It's bizarre how Grant is treated in this country, he got Chelsea to the CL final, 2nd in the league. Ok he took us down when we were in administration and not paying our players whilst the team was sold off around him but we did so fighting and got to the FA Cup final, then he takes over a hammers team that were rubbish last year and doesn't get the chance to splash any big cash, no wonder they're doing that poorly.

I don't know how good he really is as a manager but he seems a decent enough bloke who gets treated very shoddily.

It's bizarre how Grant is treated in this country, he got Chelsea to the CL final, 2nd in the league. Ok he took us down when we were in administration and not paying our players whilst the team was sold off around him but we did so fighting and got to the FA Cup final, then he takes over a hammers team that were rubbish last year and doesn't get the chance to splash any big cash, no wonder they're doing that poorly.

I don't know how good he really is as a manager but he seems a decent enough bloke who gets treated very shoddily.

Agree with you there. Every club he has been at have been in some sort of "crisis". At Chelsea he was only ever going to be a stop gap, at Portsmouth I really can't think of anyone that could have kept them up because of the money problems and not being able to field his best team because of triggering new player contracts and payments to other clubs. Now at West Ham he has been under pressure it seems from the first minute.

Some clubs seem to think they are better than what they are and their expectations are often to high. With the current squad and level of investment I would have thought avoiding relegation this season would be a realistic goal and anything else a bonus.

They should back him now and tell him he is the manager untill the end of the season come what may. He, the players and all the coaching staff need to all be pulling together knowing they are all in it together. With the pressure off I could see West Ham finishing 15th/16th which imho would be about right for them this year.

At the end of the year Gold and Sullivan should then decide to back him with funds or move on. One thing for sure, having all this hanging over Grant will not have a possitive effect on him, his players or anyone involved in the club and would almost guarentee relegation.

Its put up or shut up time for the directors.

Gold and Sullivan are only there for one reason, money. When they get to sell Upton Park if they get the move to the Olympic stadium. Sp*rs are forcing their local council by saying they will move if they don't get the approval to redevelop shite hart lane, they will get approval to do that and West Ham will get the move to the olympic stadium.