Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazza_g

RS4 Valuation help needed..

26 posts in this topic

:grin: Morning all - please could someone either in the trade or with access to one of those trade books let me know what the price to aim at for this would be?

Audi RS4 Avant, 57 plate, 36k miles

Phantom Black with black optics pack

The 'nice' bucket seats, flat bottom steering wheel

Ipod, bluetooth, DVD nav, elec sunroof

Adaptive Xenons

Bose

Carbon interior trim

heated front seats

Interior light pack

front/rear parking sensors

DRL's, TPM and Tracker

Full Audi Service History

Cheers,

bazza +++

Buying or selling Baz?

Buying retail circa £32k. Buying privately £29k selling to trade £27k.

A Tsner recently sold their lovely 07 plate privately for £27500 but I think the miles were up a bit on the one you are talking about.

Sorry, yup - its to buy from a private sale +++

Not me unfortunately but a colleague from work - the one above is private sale up for £34k

Booster, isn't that a common thing to see from RS4 owners when selling?

I don't know quite what it is, but I seem to always hear them talking about considerably higher valuations (their own) than the market appears to give. I guess it could apply to a lot of car owners but I seem to have seen it a lot with RS4 owners (I should qualify that by saying it is in very limited conversations in general about cars, when RS4 owners have always seemed to think their car was worth a lot more than it was).

Do you see see any trend or common traits in respect of people changing cars and their anticipated valuations?

I mean, is there one brand or model that you know is going to give you problems because of owner perceptions of what it is worth?

Prices look about right, I always use the Vauxhall site with 3 free Glass's guide valuations, worth book marking :) It seems to stack up with dealer trade in figures too.

Value my car | Finance | Vauxhall Motors UK

It says

spacer.gif

hdr_vehicleSummary.png

dot.png

spacer.gif

Audi RS4 Avant quattro

4.2 Petrol 5-door Estate

6 Speed Manual Four Wheel Drive

Year: 2007 57

Mileage: 36,000

spacer.gif

hdr_estimatedValue.gif

dot.png

spacer.gif

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:

£28250

Average condition:

£26250

Below average condition:

£24000

I don't know quite what it is, but I seem to always hear them talking about considerably higher valuations (their own) than the market appears to give. I guess it could apply to a lot of car owners but I seem to have seen it a lot with RS4 owners (I should qualify that by saying it is in very limited conversations in general about cars, when RS4 owners have always seemed to think their car was worth a lot more than it was).

Do you see see any trend or common traits in respect of people changing cars and their anticipated valuations?

I mean, is there one brand or model that you know is going to give you problems because of owner perceptions of what it is worth?

Yes, Range Rover owners!! They seem to forget that they don't emit diesel fumes, they actually emit burned £20 notes!! :o

The general trend is that people think their car is worth far more than it is because they have "seen one advertised for £x".

You may well have done but: a) That is at a dealership who sells cars to make a profit and would not give you that for yours. b) Your car has 50k more miles than that one. c) That car is being privately advertised by someone who hasn't got a chance in hell of selling it for that much.

Any or all of the above can apply!!

Incidentally, there are going to be some VERY good deals on new cars coming up soon. Every new car dealer I have spoken to since Christmas is having a dreadful time. I mean dreadful! The VAT increase and people generally feeling less well off has killed things dead.

Yes, Range Rover owners!! They seem to forget that they don't emit diesel fumes, they actually emit burned £20 notes!! :o

The general trend is that people think their car is worth far more than it is because they have "seen one advertised for £x".

You may well have done but: a) That is at a dealership who sells cars to make a profit and would not give you that for yours. b) Your car has 50k more miles than that one. c) That car is being privately advertised by someone who hasn't got a chance in hell of selling it for that much.

Any or all of the above can apply!!

Incidentally, there are going to be some VERY good deals on new cars coming up soon. Every new car dealer I have spoken to since Christmas is having a dreadful time. I mean dreadful! The VAT increase and people generally feeling less well off has killed things dead.

Brilliant.:roflmao:

I've actually had the RR thing said to me before by a BMW dealer who said they'd had an RR Sport in for p/x against an X5 and they put it out to traders who bid them about £15k less than the guy was wanting.:roflmao:

I can relate to the other issues complete. I think most people on here who know their cars and a little bit about the industry have probably met neighbours or friends who say "They gave me £9,000 for my car but they're trying to sell it at £10,995 the robbing gits" etc. I don't a lot of people understand how much money dealers put across cars. I think they underestimate recon costs and everything else such as the cost to serve/advertise it.

Interesting comments on new car deals. That would tie in the the economic 'halt' that has been reported too of course. I'll be changing soon, certainly within 6 months, but I'll still be very surprised if I look to new.

I wonder if Audi will ring me back on my open ended offer to buy an S4 if the price was right. I won't be holding my breath :grin:

Cheers guys - its going to be viewed tomorrow morning so will report back if a deal gets done +++

I think the real killer could be inflation.....it`s starting to creep up and the price of raw materials has sky rocketed in the last few months......So we`v had a 2.5% vat increase.....raw material and overall inflation could see price hikes of an additional 3 to 5%...possibly more....so I`d forcast an increase of at least 6%....and possibly a worse case scenario of 7 to 10%!!!!

A few members on the Jaguar XF site have been told by dealers that a face lifted model due out later in the year will come with a significant increase in price....but what they mean by significant is anyone`s guess

Another factor could be fluctuations in the exchange rate....if favourable this could off-set some of the price inflation of imported models.....however this would mean our exports are more expensive...and this would hurt our own home grown manufactures who rely on exporting their goods.....whatever they may be.

Edited by Mr Man
spelling

Think I will start a new thread about all this as it's such a big topic....

I believe one of the main issues is that customers spec up their cars when buying new....and we all know how easy it is to find yourself looking at at least 3k worth of options(decent wheels/metalic paint/sound system/phone prep)....and in many cases if your into new technology then your looking at an option list of 5 or 6k+.....and how many times have we read reviews where the Journalist points out that the test car came with options costing 8 or 10k.....and yet the cars value is based on the model spec...excuding options....I know options may well make the car easier to sell....but apart from a few notable exceptions their worth sweet FA on the used market.

Edited by Mr Man

Hi, not been on here for a while but looking for something to replace my Maserati 4200 so taking more of an interest.

I agree that things are tough but there are two cars that interest me.:

-Maserati GranTurismo but dealers are wanting £55k for low mileage 57 plate cars versus £80k new and £60k new for the last model (mine). Too expensive IMHO; and

-Audi RS5. Market is tough and Evo only gave it three stars. Plus its £65k with spec!!! So why won't dealers give me anything other than a token discount?

Hi, not been on here for a while but looking for something to replace my Maserati 4200 so taking more of an interest.

I agree that things are tough but there are two cars that interest me.:

-Maserati GranTurismo but dealers are wanting £55k for low mileage 57 plate cars versus £80k new and £60k new for the last model (mine). Too expensive IMHO; and

-Audi RS5. Market is tough and Evo only gave it three stars. Plus its £65k with spec!!! So why won't dealers give me anything other than a token discount?

As mentioned in another thread....I spent last summer looking for a new motor...cash buy with no part ex...36k+ to spend....and I could`t believe how I was allowed to walk out of numerous show rooms after being offered a miserly few % of list....No follow up call....nothing....It just felt like no one wanted to deal.....It was take it or leave it......I`v read countless posts on other internet sites were members claimed to have been given 10% discounts on top end models....How the fook do they do it...or are they just blagging....I`v literally just read one post from a guy on the A5 OC forum where he claimed to have secured a 10% discount from a dealer on an A5 cab.

Dealers have been hit by a change in the bonus structure and a lack of build slots for new cars meaning less discounts.

I'm on A5oc as well but rarely visit anymore as it does my head in with the same subjects over and over again! He did well to get 10% - was it a cancelled order? I got 8% off mine upon ordering in May 08 but things have changed since then.

There's a 57 plate with only 5.5k miles on Pistonheads for £37,500. Looks mint. +++

-Maserati GranTurismo but dealers are wanting £55k for low mileage 57 plate cars versus £80k new and £60k new for the last model (mine). Too expensive IMHO

I've been looking very closely at the GranTurismo and cars with 20-25k on the clock (07 plates) can be had for £50k and rise from there, so pretty much in line with what you're saying for the lower mileage models. The only dealer that seems to want more than anywhere else is Meridian Modena who seem to want to charge more for less. Strange.

I've been struck by how low the 3200's are going for now. You can pick up a 1999 model with 40,000 on the clock for £10,000. Staggering value for money.

I like the GranTurismo and I'll be trying one when the time comes. I worry about residuals but they seem to have done quite well so far. I also still have doubts about Maserati reliability for daily use and 8,000 miles a year. A 911 will swallow that no issue, but a Maserati, despite what has been a good time for them in respect of reviews and their image, I still have my doubts about them. They do sound absolutely sublime though - and I think they're one of the the best looking cars on the roads in GranTurismo guise.

:grin: thanks for your help chaps, my colleague did the deal this morning on the RS4 - very happy man! +++

What did he pay???? Nothing like the asking price I hope!!

Will find out the actual price tomorrow - had a few suggestions that £30-31k would be the target, so I imagine it was around that - will make a nice addition to his 997.2 GT3RS +++

Two b*stards in one work place.

Sounds like my old office. :coffee:

:grin: there's more than two..... :roflmao:

Definitely like my old office then... :coffee:

Will find out the actual price tomorrow - had a few suggestions that £30-31k would be the target, so I imagine it was around that - will make a nice addition to his 997.2 GT3RS +++

Sounds familiar Bazza!!

Hope he likes the RS4.