Blackpool fined for "weakend team" v Villa

DHA

Yeah I agree (not the 6 points bit!) if they limit the squad to 25 players you can pick who you want from that 25, otherwise why have 25 players unless they only did it to limit Citeh buying every player in the world. But if they fine Blackpool they should fine us.

This is loony-bonkers.

This has been going on for time-immemorial esp amongt the top teams prior to cup matches etc (or even within cup matches).

It is completely non-uniform as well.

Man U put out a 2nd XI against Hull(?) which would have had a bearing on the relegation scrap; okay they win but nada; Arsenal as above.

Wolves got a suspended fine.

Ironically the Blackpool team almost got a very deserved draw - what would the FA have said then?

Still, Holloway being a man of principle I would of course expect him to walk as he said he would.

He can sell a few players on the way out to gild his handshake...

As long as you are picking from your squad of 25, who is to say if a team is weak or not? United can field a comparatively weak team and still have a load of international players in there, and they can also use their large academy to take advantage of the under-21 loophole and play a load of youngsters, but who's to say these young players are not deserving of the game? teams should be allowed to pick whoever they like, within the framework, otherwise what's the point of picking a 25-man squad?

In fairness if maarten steklenberg (sp?) is our target for the summer, then I can't see Kuszczak staying. He's only held out as long as he has because he thought hes replace VDS. if he isn't, he's going to go, surely? (plus if the dutchman comes, with lindegaard and amos at the club next season, little reason for Kuszczak to be at the club.)