X5 Nav

Simonl

I've been quietly looking at some newish X5's of late (58/09's) but one thing that gets me every time is just how utterly pony the Nav system is... compared to my 2008 HDD COMMAND it's prehistoric. Apparently the new ones are better, so does anyone know for sure when they came out. I've got a feeling it was @facelift which was July 2010, but I might be wrong.

The old iDrive (CCC) is very slow, but once you get used to it I think it's pretty good. The new iDrive system (CCC, with a new centre controller featuring short cut buttons) is MUCH MUCH faster and feature rich.

The X5 was late to get it, the 7 series was first followed closely by the LCI 3 series. The official release date was September 2010, but check as there will be stock vehicles sold then with the old CCC system. The latest release even has iPhone/Pod support with apps and album-art coming up on the central screen :)

Biscuits is right about the new system being excellent and feature rich. The latest BMW system is pretty much the best out there right now IMO.

IIRC the X5 and X6 got the HDD nav from build week 36 of 2009 but there were further updates from March 2010 build (when the facelift X5 with 8 speed auto came out)