Torres to Chelsea?

330dcoupe

Torres has asked to leave liverpool for Chelsea. Can't say I blame him, mind. One of the finest strikers in the World is being wasted at Liverpool. Looks like Suarez will be replacing him. It might actually work at better for them - As Suarez is very much in the mould of Torres. He's younger too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not technically true.

He has put in a written transfer request. That's all.

As for Suarez v Torres. One is unproven and the other is world class. Liverpool haven't bought Suarez to replace Torres. They wanted both and this request is very bad news for them. I don't see how the possibility of losing a world class striker and gaining a largely unproven one can work out better for them when they don't have any other world class players barring Gerrard.

It's a big bid, but for his age and potential I'd say he is worth it.

It'll be a huge test for Newcastle to see if they reject it. Redknapp admitted they'd rejected £23m from Spurs but £30m is a full price and if they sell him it won't go down well.

I expect to see it rejected.

Naa - I think there were strong rumours of Spurs also coming in for him so want us to get into a bidding war.

£30M was nuts in the first place IMO but rejecting it....

I have heard that there is incentive to spend the money now from Torres anyway before the Financial Fair Play Rules kick in in summer.

£42.8M was the fee I heard as well for him.

(Aguero is signing a new contract at Athletico today no doubt with a much higher release fee!)

Naa - I think there were strong rumours of Spurs also coming in for him so want us to get into a bidding war.

£30M was nuts in the first place IMO but rejecting it....

Spurs had an offer turned down last week apparently. Carroll himself has rejected a move to Liverpool saying it would be a step backwards.

Waylander, don't underestimate how good Carroll is. He is a top class striker and I'd put him above Suarez in respect of potential.

There wasn't a big clamour for Suarez from other clubs - there is for Carroll. Spurs, Liverpool and United have all shown interest at some point (and City I think) - and they've done that for a reason.

If Liverpool had got him for £30m I'd have said you'd be singing his praises much higher than Suarez in the near future.

£30m for Carroll is nuts. He might be young but he's unproven at International and European level and has only had half a season in the premiership. I also feel that he's one of these lads that is Newcastle through and through. If he goes somewhere else he'll stay living in Newcastle and his form will really suffer. He'll be a much better player at Newcastle than anywhere else.

40mil plus anelka would meat torres 50million buy out clause. Wouldn't be surprised if le sulk turned them down for what happened years ago when Liverpool didn't buy him after they said they would when he was on loan there (same as the tevez situation at utd).

If he turns them down I could see cash and sturrage.