Cambridge Autogleam - 2011

jediknight83

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched a few they look great good work. +++

I'm going to have a play with some Crystal Serum Light in the new year, will be doing it outside so will do it early on a day I know its not going to rain. Mind the prep is going to take an age on a BMW 5 GT so will have to see how it goes and how far I get. 

19 hours ago, CarMad said:

I've watched a few they look great good work. +++

I'm going to have a play with some Crystal Serum Light in the new year, will be doing it outside so will do it early on a day I know its not going to rain. Mind the prep is going to take an age on a BMW 5 GT so will have to see how it goes and how far I get. 

I'd say you will be FAR better off doing it indoors so if you can borrow a garage. I'm no longer do outside jobs. Just too hard to see what your doing plus battling with the elements and dust getting blown on the car etc.

But you will like Serum light... I did a video on how to apply it.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2016 at 4:25 PM, jediknight83 said:

I'd say you will be FAR better off doing it indoors so if you can borrow a garage. I'm no longer do outside jobs. Just too hard to see what your doing plus battling with the elements and dust getting blown on the car etc.

But you will like Serum light... I did a video on how to apply it.

Will see what I can sort, I've watched the video a good help, will see how it goes and what the weather looks like next year sometime if I can't get to do it inside before then. +++

Yes.  The car was delivered to the detailer before I took delivery, paintwork corrected (they're always crap in one way or another), machine polished, then Gtechniq EXO and C1 (I think) with C5 on the alloys.  It has then gone in for two maintenance treatments since although I'll not bother any more.  It still gleams like glass if it is clean and I've been using Chemical Guys alloy seal on the alloys when I can be bothered (rarely).

• Like 1

On 21/12/2016 at 0:21 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

Take it to a detailer and get it done properly.  Worth every penny. +++

I was going to, but in the end I've decided against it. If I could look after it properly I would, but the reality is I have two young kids who love helping Daddy wash the car, crazy I know. They have been trained to put a dropped sponge back in the bucket and give it a wash but to spend good money on making it perfect and not being able to look after in properly doesn't sit well with me.

So I will enjoy doing the detailing myself I did the last car fairly well and give it a Gtechniq detail afterwards CSL and Exo and if its not perfect which I doubt it will be I'm happy that it will be better than most cars and not cross when the kids mess up which they undoubtedly will. +++ 

Surely one reason to have a coat like Gtechniq applied is that it is designed to protect the paintwork from the daily abuses of wear and tear, including lazy owners like me who'll get the car washed maybe once a month at the local hand car wash place or by the dealer when it's in for a service ... or even by kids with gravelly sponges.

That's why I'm planning to get mine done (but admittedly haven't got round to it).  I had whatever the BMW dealer offering was at the time on my previous car and even 4 years later it came up gleaming after a normal wash.

Yes, but kids washing a car are going to scratch the glaze no matter what you do.  I totally get the idea of kids washing a car, it is bloody fantastic!  However, I wouldn't waste a penny of stuff like Gtechniq with them doing it.  Nothing will protect against that and even a top coat is going to mark up badly.

On a dark car, even with Gtechniq, you'll see the swirls from a mile off.  it might still gleam, but it'll be like looking in the eyes of that snake from Jungle Book. :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a snow lance and use it a lot.  I couldn't give it to our youngest though.  She'd coat the house to pretend it was snowing. 

I have to say I have been very impressed with how much easier it makes the car washing process.  I bought the AutoBrite Direct lance for my Karcher (£57 including the snow foam in a large container that is lasting ages) from Amazon and the quality of the lance is superb.  I expected something a bit cheap in feel and operation but it is far from it.

Just don't' spill any the concentrate.  It mimics black ice when you stand on it.

• Like 1

Its a car they are only young once and for the most part them helping is all part of the fun.

I've got a new foam lance as well and its fab its like spraying yoghurt onto the car it can get that thick. :grin: Its got a coat of wax on to see it through the winter and I will give it a detail in the year I enjoy doing it and its fun. Lets face it its not going to be perfect but far better than many many cars out there. +++

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, CarMad said:

I've watch a few they are good keep it up. 

I'm going to be dicing with death soon applying my Gtechnic Crystal Serum outside, wish me luck. :blink::roflmao:

Serum light I presume?

I'd never attempt it outdoors so good luck on that one. Its unlikely you will be able to see residue smears outside so just make sure your very methodical with your buffing off.

Nope its not going to be easy I will do a small area at a time after I've sorted the paint out. I like a challenge and a nice small car like a 5 Series GT i've got plenty of canvas to play with. :grin:

Unfortunately I've only got Exo V2 not V3 to apply as well, any tips gratefully received. 

On 10/05/2017 at 8:49 PM, CarMad said:

Nope its not going to be easy I will do a small area at a time after I've sorted the paint out. I like a challenge and a nice small car like a 5 Series GT i've got plenty of canvas to play with. :grin:

Unfortunately I've only got Exo V2 not V3 to apply as well, any tips gratefully received. 

Best advice would be to throw the EXOV2 away in all honesty. V3 is so much more forgiving.