A6 avant fuel economy

hooli

Hi folks,

I have a 2007 A6 avant 2.0 TDI, 140 and currently getting about 38 MPG with mostly motorway or A road driving. Nothing silly speed wise as it is M25 and M4 in busy periods so between 50 and 80 miles an hour. I spend 98% of my daily 50 mile commute in 6th gear so I would expect the economy to be about as good as I will get?

Before the A6, I had an A3 with the same engine and granted the A3 is a fair bit lighter, I was getting about the same mileage per tank even thought the tank was 10 litres smaller. About 46 or 47 MPG.

Any thoughts if this is normal economy for the car, anybody else with an A6 have any feedback on what they get?

Cheers.

Economy on those A6's was never good with that engine. You really have to let it roll as much as possible and have a lighter touch on the throttle.

Not sure you'll better it. The next CR engine was much better.

Not sure if a remap would help, but Shark_90 will answer that question if you PM him! (after 10 posts!!!), so you might be better off posting a thread asking for him in your title!

I've got the 3.0 Quattro Avant and regularly get 40 - 42 MPG on my 12 mile A Road commute, I did manage 47 MPG on a recent trip up the M5 but I did keep it at 75.

I was unlucky enough to have to use Audi Assist last year due to my water pump dying and they gave me a 2.0 saloon which struggled to get more than 35 MPG.

I've got the 3.0 Quattro Avant and regularly get 40 - 42 MPG on my 12 mile A Road commute

Really??

I have a 10 plate 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Auto Avant that averages 33.6 mpg no matter what I do with it...... drive a bit quicker on the M ways it must be said....and do use the Sport feature on the gearbox....

• 4 weeks later...