Too high mileage?

micalee

How much of an issue is mileage on an R32? Been looking at alot of 2005/2006 R32s with 50,60,70k on. Having a diesel which will run until fuel is £8 per ltr, what would be the cut off for buying an R32? What would be concidered high mileage and a few things will soon start breaking and need replacing etc

progress.gif

Mine has done 76k miles and is still fine although engine was replaced at 67k by VW due to a porous block. In fact I'm still on my original brake pads but I do drive mainly on motorways. Based on comments on frums I've had less issues that the majority who have done a fraction of my mileage. I've had mine from new so I know every piece of history and I have all the documentation to rove it, if I decide to sell. I change my cars every 3 years but I've had this one for nearly 5 years, that tells a story I think

Personally, mileage is not an issue for me as history and condition are more important. I would make a judgement on a case by case basis.

In general though people with R32s don't tend to do a large mileage but I buy my cars to use

Mk5 R32, so 80K miles not a problem.

Stuff that breaks on them (Mk4 or Mk5) - cam chains (very expensive to fix), top strut mounts, rear diffs. Front suspension bushes need replacing because of the weight as well as front brakes.

Other than that, they're decently reliable.

My baby had 87,000 trouble free kilometres on the clock (and original brake rotors and pads) when she went to her new owner - and I know of one that had 110,000km on it without issue before it went to a new home.

They are great cars* - just keep them regularly serviced and there should be no surprises.

* I do miss mine, but have a couple of cool toys to distract me when I get mopey. :uhoh:

My baby had 87,000 trouble free kilometres on the clock (and original brake rotors and pads) when she went to her new owner - and I know of one that had 110,000km on it without issue before it went to a new home.

They are great cars* - just keep them regularly serviced and there should be no surprises.

* I do miss mine, but have a couple of cool toys to distract me when I get mopey. :uhoh:

Traitor! :D

Riz :)

Riz, unlike you I'm not wealthy enough to go buy a car, wrap it in plastic, fill it with storage fluids and park it in an Argon filled, hermetically sealed and temperature regulated garage for 7 years...

...then dust it off for a car pr0n exercise with EVO! :finger:

I drove mine as a daily driver. +++

Riz, unlike you I'm not wealthy enough to go buy a car, wrap it in plastic, fill it with storage fluids and park it in an Argon filled, hermetically sealed and temperature regulated garage for 7 years...

...then dust it off for a car pr0n exercise with EVO! :finger:

I drove mine as a daily driver. +++

Grrrr :D

Riz :)