Bird poo

Milo

A bird, the feathered type, crapped on my car yesterday and I didn't get around to cleaning it off until this morning. It had only been on the paintwork (which was waxed with Collonite 845 plus a covering of EGP only 2 weeks ago) for about 18 hours however it's etched a small area of the clear coat, grrrrr. It's not noticeable other than to me but it's annoying. I've tried various bits and pieces I had including G3, Megs Stage 2, SRP but nothing has improved it.

Is there anything else I can try or will I have to live with it?

There is a small patch on the 6, almost un-noticeable now, where a gull **** on it about 2 years ago. It was like a blackberry **** mixed with acid.

I reckon it had been there 24 hours when I spotted it and it has been washed, polished and god knows what else to get it to the mostly invisible patch it is today - but I can still see it....

I reckon it's all these fancy waxes and polishes you guys use that cause this stuff, I've never polished or waxed my car, it's usually filthy, and gets bird crap on it all the time, that sometimes won't get washed of for a few weeks, and I've never had any stains in my paint.

I reckon it's all these fancy waxes and polishes you guys use that cause this stuff, I've never polished or waxed my car, it's usually filthy, and gets bird crap on it all the time, that sometimes won't get washed of for a few weeks, and I've never had any stains in my paint.

Mines is the same, the dirt provides a good layer of protection in my experience.

• 1 month later...

I forgot about this thread, oops :o

Bird poo reacts with the paint and bubbles the clearcoat (somehow)

Abrasives will eventually solve it (unless its actually cracked the paint underneath (which I've seen lots)

For stubborn etching I usually wet sand and then re polish

The paint underneath looks fine and it definitely just the clear coat. I think I'll leave it for the time being as although it's annoying, it's not very visible. Next time I'm over eldavo's way, I'll see if I can persuade him to have a go machine polishing it to see if it can be removed +++

I forgot about this thread, oops :o

The paint underneath looks fine and it definitely just the clear coat. I think I'll leave it for the time being as although it's annoying, it's not very visible. Next time I'm over eldavo's way, I'll see if I can persuade him to have a go machine polishing it to see if it can be removed +++

No probs. Do you want a 21 inch tv too?

• 3 weeks later...