patently

Which is fastest?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is fastest?

• Red
    • Yellow

Right, so here is the basic Caterham Academy car:

42481d1298068924-pic-holder-29.jpg

Mainly in bare aluminium, there are just a few bits of fibreglass that, by default, are black - as shown in the pic. It is a no-cost option to have those in red or yellow, or some other colours that I'm not interested in.

You can in fact have the whole car done in whatever paint job you want, but that costs £££s and just makes repairs harder. So mine will be in the basic colour scheme - but I can't decide whether to go for red or yellow.

But of course, for a race car there is only one possible criterion. :cool: So, votes please! Which colour is fastest round a track? :grin:

Votes will be considered but no guarantee is offered that the result will be followed. The Editor's decision is final. Your house is at risk if you do not vote early enough. May contain nuts. Do not vote while driving or operating machinery.

post-6686-137914462925_thumb.jpg

Edited by patently

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint is an unnecessary luxury - not needed in a race car +++

Quite - which is why I'm going for the basic bare aluminium look, but I still have to chose a colour for the fibreglass bits. Also, Mook's point is valid about not spending money on fancy bits for the car, but spending it on track practice instead.

If so many Caterhams are yellow, then than means red is more tempting. Partly because it will stand out more on track, and partly because I'm a contrarian so-and-so.