Which is faster?

patently

Which is fastest?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is fastest?

• Red
    • Yellow

Bang goes your passenger ride :finger:

If it's that heavy then I'll take it out before a race. Might make the crucial difference in lifting me from 28th place to 27th. :o

:roflmao:

They're too slow for me unfortunately. Golf whoops their ass round Rockingham, Brands and Slippystone. I'll just sit on the floor though :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory build £3,000.00

If you have any mechanical knowledge at all you must build it yourself. Not so much for the savings but for the amount you will learn, at the end of it you'll know every nut and bolt on the car and that's priceless when you are in a hurry to fix or adjust something on race day. You'll be able to look at every aspect of the car an immediately know what's right or wrong.

If you can find someone who will help you and is prepared to put in (almost) as many hours as you, having someone to else to work with who is committed to the project makes a huge difference and really speeds things up. If nothing else it's handy to have a second opinion when things get tricky.

That's the plan - partly for that reason, and partly because it is a worthwhile experience of itself. I'm putting the message out among friends & family that this is happening and that help will be wanted; I can think of a few who may be interested. Some of the steps really need at least two pairs of hands in any case, such as installing the diff and the engine.

I have most of the basic tools already, just need to fill in a few gaps and renew some old cheap & nasty stuff I bought when I was young and penniless. I reckon in the £400-500 range, including hire of a hoist, some nice brake pipe benders, and a James May-style red chest of drawers to file them all away in. You could do it with a lot less, tbh, but I want mine to be neatly put together and to have the toolset afterwards.

Spring compressors not needed - the damper units are one-piece.

I reckon in the £400-500 range, including hire of a hoist, some nice brake pipe benders, and a James May-style red chest of drawers to file them all away in.

That's pretty good. I was expecting more but then i'd probably need to buy the hoist as I bet I'd have to put it in and out a few times :o

The dad of a kid I was at school with built one when we were about 14. We used to go and have a look at the progress but the best thing for me was the Snap On tool chest that was completely full of shiny stuff!! Are they still considered top of the shop of toolkits?

Yes. And still effing expensive.