Just got myself a Scirocco R

ChrisCSL

Hi,

Just picked up new Scirocco R on Sat. Candy White, 19" talledega's, RNS 510 with Dynaudio & bluetooth, black leather, pano roof etc. Need to get some miles on it before I can open her up properly and get to explore the car better.

I recognise Woppum's name from the forum. I may have seen him in the past at a track day or two in my old CSL.

Will post more when I've got a few miles under the belt.

Cheers

Chris

Well done Chris, the rocky is a great car. It's mighty possible we did cross paths at a track day. Looknforward to hearing your thoughts.

after reading your reveiws i went out and bought one after very brief drive, allways too busy on sundays dont even know whats standard and what isnt!

spec is..

silver

dsg

19"s

black leather heated seats (the wife will love them)

ipod mdi

bits i want fitting, rns 510 version c and criuse control more than likely after i pick it up, it kind of reminds me of the two corrado vr6s i owned in the 90s the shape and the seats, they gave me good price for gti the blufin is coming off and gettiing it reset not to sure i want it on the r.

roll on monday. ubbs

• 1 month later...

Wow, hope you like it then ;)

after reading your reveiws i went out and bought one after very brief drive, allways too busy on sundays dont even know whats standard and what isnt!

spec is..

silver

dsg

19"s

black leather heated seats (the wife will love them)

ipod mdi

bits i want fitting, rns 510 version c and criuse control more than likely after i pick it up, it kind of reminds me of the two corrado vr6s i owned in the 90s the shape and the seats, they gave me good price for gti the blufin is coming off and gettiing it reset not to sure i want it on the r.

roll on monday. ubbs

Wow, hope you like it then ;)

sorry guys been laid up for the last 4 weeks following a knee op, since i picked it up i only managed to do 380 miles so far! but its everything what wopps said it would be, comparing it to previous cars ive owned (in my opinion) its quicker than the mk4 r32, and not far behind the e46 m3, the only things that bother me is centre console area no covers really cheapens the look, and d mode on the dsg it always wants to be 6th! not had chance to experiment with it yet other than that silver looks good and i think rare for the roc r and it goes like stink!

Has anyone managed to get cruise control retrofitted? dealers dont seem to know anything.

Silver looks ace. If I could turn back time I'd have silver, think it's the new white ;)

Can't answer your questions I'm afraid. I recommend you talk to mark at backdraft motorsport Milton keynes, or ed at aps. Say I sent you ;)

Cheers wopps there was some talk of getting yours remapped have given it any more thought? I've got blufin handset gathering dust, so I'm thinking of getting it reset and trying it if I don't like it no big loss if only charge £100 to reset it, heard there an animal when remapped!

Edited by ubbs