Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laura

dpf problems please help

8 posts in this topic

Hiya was wondering if anyone could help please, had my skoda octavia its a TDI VRS i think 1.9. 92000 miles on the clock i had problems with it around 5 months ago which turned out to be a DPF problem, had the dpf cleaned rather that replaced due to the cost, its happened again now.

i only use the car for work so it does around 25 miles a day but its town driving (stopping and starting) the mechanic said this is why the DPF is getting blocked because its unable to regenerate itself. Is it possible to remove the DPF? i have heard people mention it before but i have no idea if this is possible. My husband is out of the country with work and its difficult to gat hold of him so i am completly lost as to what to do.

please help!!!! lol

thanks

laura

You can try regenerating it yourself. Just get yourself on a bit of dual carriageway, slow down to 40, drop a gear, and boot it up to the red line in that gear and hold it at high revs.

Thanks for ur post. I'm going to make myself sound like a complete imbicile here but I don't care :)

what gear do I need to be in. I've tried doing that but it makes a funny noise and I panic n think it's gonna blow up ha ha. Do I just carry on even if it is making noises? If that doesn't work how much should I be looking at paying to have it cleaned? I've been quoted £400 but I don't know if that's to much n they are trying to take the piss cos it's obv I don't have a clue ha ha

thanks again

laura

You don't need to worry about dropping a gear or holding the revs high, just drive it on a motorway at 70mph as you would normally for a while, if it needs to do a regeneration cycle it will.

I believe your Octavia VRS should be a 2.0 tdi, and I think it is possible to remove the DPF, but you'll also need some ECU coding done, ben at Shark performance is the man to talk to about that stuff.

You don't need to worry about dropping a gear or holding the revs high, just drive it on a motorway at 70mph as you would normally for a while, if it needs to do a regeneration cycle it will.

I believe your Octavia VRS should be a 2.0 tdi, and I think it is possible to remove the DPF, but you'll also need some ECU coding done, ben at Shark performance is the man to talk to about that stuff.

The 40 - 70 flat out method is more fun though ;) AFAIK, this is a forced regeneration method, as opposed to just driving at 70. I was told sometimes you need to trick the computer. Could be wrong though..

Accelerating in that way won't help your DPF at all. It needs constantish RPM with high enough EGTs to "force" a regen. The other way is to force it using a diagnostic tool.

We have a lot of experience with DPF removals on Octavias, we have done a fair few of them now.

Give us a call on 01623332233 if you'd like to discuss it further.

Clearly wrong then. Honestly, forums. Fell of duff info! Haha. I bow to Shark's knowledge. He proper knows what he's talking about.

You can try regenerating it yourself. Just get yourself on a bit of dual carriageway, slow down to 40, drop a gear, and boot it up to the red line in that gear and hold it at high revs.

Thats not the correct way. Tipex's way is one way or 3rd gear 2500rpm at a steady constant speed.It should be in your handbook.+++