Failed Bluetooth Control Module 2010 1 Series Coupe

tinca

Since I bought this car back in Spring 2010, I've had Bluetooth and iPod drop out issues. Both the Phones I use (iPhone 3GS and Blackberry 9520 Storm) pair and work fine but then I get drop out after a period of functioning fine. Sometimes, the phones pair but on recieving a call, nothing comes through on the car even though phone says its paired to the car! Sometimes, phonebook doesn't transfer across (I dont have any double entries, massive amount of texts stored). iPod can be playing and all of a sudden it drops out with no icon showing on the radio display. All this logged and sent to Stealer!

Stealer has already replaced the USB port after they reckoned this was faulty. Interestingly they weren't able to do a sfotware upgrade at that time.......BMW wouldn't let them as 'it may affect other components'. All was going well until recently when after 2 weeks of flawless operation I couldnt get the car to pair with any phone and no iPod connectivity. Infact no phone icon shows on the Radio menu display!

Trip to Stealer for another 3 days in the service shed and I've been told......ULF Control Module has failed.......we'll have to wait on what BMW HQ comeback with before we can get go ahead to fix it under warranty.......!

Guess they are stalling.....I am chasing them in a nice way......been 2 weeks now! Anyone had similar issues? Any advice welcome!

thanks,

Tinca

• 1 month later...