who can tackle a turbo conversion for me ?

daviesbike

I dont have an audi so i'mnot very good at this

Cant you get the Miltek and then get the remap? Or do you specifically want a coversion?

I'm sure a few of the audilads will be along soon enough x

i specifically want a convertion as i already have a full stainless system with quad amg pipes IMG_1239.jpg

looking for more power but i want somthing different very rare to find an S8 twin turbo as they were never made

MRC Tuning - Custom engine management for Audi, Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen < These guys are probably the biggest Audi tuners in the UK. Their car park is full of 700+ BHP machines. They have done manual conversions, fitted superchargers to new RS 4s and have an RS 6 running way over 800BHP. Custom mapping etc...

You might want to look at supercharging instead it's what Mike is doing via Ben at Revo. Depending on how much it costs and if you really want twin turbo you might be better of getting an RS 6. You can get a good one now at 13k ish. If that's to much there is a 420 BHP KO4'd S4 for sale currently in noggly blue for £7k, it's not too difficult to get them to 500.

One of the problems you may come across is the limits of the gearbox, also putting in an S8 gearbox,diffs etc will make it a lot quicker the car is always revving higher and is more responsive because of it, although this does harm fuel economy.

Also with a lot of power your going to want a decent suspension setup and brakes. So you might be better of starting with an S8 which has some decent four piston Brembos and are a lot better then the A8 brakes. A standard non sport A8 is a bit wallowy, the sport and S8 cars are actually fairly capable for such a big car because of the stiffer and lower suspension.

Edited by SINGH
Seen lots of sp's but can't edit on I pad properly. Sorry

main reason i want to do it is that only a hand full if not less people have done a twin turbo conversion on an S8 or A8 for that matter so i think the full wolf in sheep's clothing is what im after, having the power of a Stock Rs6 in an A8 with standard box that has the longer ratio's would be an all round pleaser, comfort when needed and the higher gearing for motorway driving coupled with some AP 6 pot's up front and floating disc's it will be a nice place to be im also looking into modding the AMG quad pipes i have and adding some vac operated valves so its nice and quiet until you step on the loud pedal as for the ride i may look into some bilstein's when all is complete its a very smooth ride at the moment being the softer set up of the 8'S and i feel this car can be made better and enjoyed for many more years to come, i have an appointment with backdraft motorsport on the 2nd of april for them to look over the car and give me a quote but i will continue to look for other companies to get the best price so keep them coming :-) thanks

yea i spoke to them they sed they usualy do supercharger kits and they seemed to want to push me down that road rather than twin turbo turbo is more open to tuning in the future as well, i plan to run low boost for a while untill the cam belt is due then while the front end is off and locking tools are in place i will remove the heads and replace the gaskets with thicker special order head gaskets lowering the comp down and then i will get it remapped and the boost turned up all spread over a period of time but i will not go crazy with boost even after the head gasket mod i will only aim to run 12psi boot that way things are going to be kept reliable, so start with 6psi run the turbo's in and make sure everything is ok for a couple of thousand miles then do the cam belt and head gaskets and remap, thats the plan anyway just put it all together now and see how things work ok and of course the final chapter will be Dyno ! and see the results .... oh and of course before upping the boost after all that i will fit Rs6 injectors and run maybe 95% duty cycle on them :-)

If you want to go down the twin turbo route I would probably pick up a 2.7TT S4 V6 engine and tune it to an easy 500 with K04s then use the S4 6 Speed box. The A8/S8 auto box breaks with the power it has as standard so may not cope well with more. You might want to look into an uprated torque convertor or a manual gearbox.

How much did MRC say a supercharger would cost on an S8?

Again, keep us updated. Cornishmoocher who is a member on here managed a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds in his RS 6 after a map and miltek (video on youtube) and a D2 is a fair bit lighter then the RS 6 due to the ali space frame.

Stop trying to tell him to get a different engine or do something he doesn't want to do. He wants to stick turbos on his V8 +++

But please, whatever you do, sort the cambelts (I'm assuming you have an earlier 4.2 V8, rather than the chain-drive cams).

I looked into supercharging my V8 S4 and it would have been around £15k. So I sold the car and built something quicker for the track :D

Thank you Mook yes i want to twin turbo my V8 ! haha the point of this project is that i will be one of less than a hand full of people that can nearly say i have an RS8 they dont exist but i will create one well, .... one heck of a A8 any way, yea ok i will change the cam belt thought i may wait untill i had ran it all in because i will reduce the compression ratio down to 9-5-1 with a set of 2mm head gaskets so i guess im going all out from the start then, as for the gear box i will put a 6 speed manual 4.2 diesel box in and the larger shafts at some point down the line,

as for the early cams mook ..... i have the 40valve 4.2 1999-2000 engine it has chains at the back and belt at the front that drives the chains, belt/chain drive

supercharging will cost 12k for the kit + labour time to fit so thats a no no when i can do the project i want for less than 7k and have a more tunable car by the end of it with out the need to change pulley's to alter boost,

3.8 0-60 thats good is the rs6 really that much heavier ? mine is 1.678 tonne or 1678kilos witch ever way you look at it, thought the RS6 was all ally as well ?

i wander if i can get a cosworth cambelt for an audi or an uprated one any way lots of food for thought there any way....

Edited by daviesbike

My V8 S4 Avant was 1795kg, so I reckon the original RS6 Avant would be around 1850-1900kg. Google is your friend for that.

There would be no advantage in having another vendor's cambelt - a cambelt is a cambelt, as long as it meets the original manufacturer's specs.

as you are in North Wales you may want to talk to Ric Wood. Based in Stockport. He does a lot of motorsport engineering and has done a lot of work with turbos and superchargers. Fully equipped with engine dyno and rolling road. The job you are describing wont be cheap but it'll be done proper there for sure.

thank you i will contact him also, i forgot to ask a very important question ......

How will this affect the resale value of my car if you came across it on say piston heads twin turbo 40 valve 4.2 v8 with shall we say 450 bhp and the job was al done to a high standard ?? would i get my money's worth back out of the car or would this be a simple love of labour ? would like to know this,

bearing in mind the car is a very high spec to begin with, solar sunroof, bose, nav +, full winter pack, heated steering wheel,privacy blinds ect list goes on

many thanks

No, you categorically wouldn't. Modding a car makes it harder to sell. Having extras (like nav, sunroof etc) makes no difference to the resale value - it just makes it easier to sell. If you spend your £'n'000 - don't expect to get any of it back, unless you return it to standard spec and sell all the mods separately. I've done that with all my cars and I've got back a surprisingly high percentage of the original cost of the mods - e.g. £8k spent on the R32, £5k back from selling the mods.

The one toy I'll never get the money back on is my tracktoy Mk2 Golf, because I've taken that way beyond being able to return it to stock. I don't really care though, because it's just that - a toy.

Yes, you can argue that there are modified cars on PH etc with high asking prices, but that's the point - asking price does not equal real value or final sale price.