help 01 b6 a4 1.9 tdi loss of power and going into limp mode

dan666

need help ive an 01 b6 a4 1.9 tdi 130bhp awx engine code ill explain this as best as i can.

it started off when i tried to rev over 3k rpm it was hesitating and just not picking up speed the way it should and has gradually got worst the car goes into limp mode at around 60 mph ive cleaned out the egr valve and inlet manifold, replaced all vac pipes, disconnected the maf sensor ( this just made it worst so ive re connected it) i had my brother in the car reving it whilst i checked the intercooler pipes i noticed when i brother was reving the car up the pipe coming from the intercooler to the egr valve was building pressure and sliding out a bit but then i disconnected the map sensor and it stopped building the pressure and was still dead so ive now reconnected it.i also checked the rod at the back of the n75 vave for movement its moving freely with a pair of pliars.theres no whistling from the turbo or smoke coming from the car has anyone any ideas of what else could cause this all help greatly appreciated thanks dan.

well im from belfast northern ireland is there anyone local to me than can do this?

the egr valve wasnt in bad shape but the inlet manifold was really badly bunged up its as good as new now but still no difference.

has anyone got a guide to removing the turbo and whats best to clean it out with?

Hi there well it sounds like your map sensor is not working properly or the N75.You need to checkthe vacuum part of the variable vane actuator with a mity vac(vac tester) to see if it is

A: moving at all

B: moves all the way to the end of its travel Very freely not sticking pliers is by no means a test!

C: When releasing it it should move back all the way smoothly.

Vag Com checking map sensor readings at just ignition on engine NOT running.the specified is 1009 and the actual should tally if you know what you are looking at. Check my other VW posts on Variable Geometry turbos as the principles are the same.

Sooting up using crap fuel and piss poor quality oil do them no favours.

Innotec turbo clean may help not used it, check their website.Personally strip and clean myself with 100% success so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...