Coilpack recall

bigrichw

As I wrote on another forum:

Just wanted to share info in case others are due this without knowing. I had my DTM in yesterday for an MOT, I enquired that there is a rumor that new coils are being fitted for free by Audi UK under the 28E9 action number, it is called '28E9 Product Enhancement Campaign'. After a few minutes of waiting I was told that a check will be made on my car and if necessary they would be changed.

Upon collecting my car I was told all coils had been changed F.O.C

New coils as per pictures attached. New coils part number 07K 905 715 F

From the information I have, following Engines are Covered:

1.8 ltr TMPI

2.7 ltr TMPI

2.8 ltr FSi

3.0 ltr MPI

3.2 ltr MPI

3.2 ltr FSi

3.6 ltr FSi

3.7 ltr MPi

4.2 ltr MPi

1.8 ltr TFSi

2.0 ltr MPi

2.0 ltr FSi

2.0 ltr TFSi

2.4 ltr MPi

4.2 ltr FSi

5.2 ltr FSi

6.0 ltr MPI

Cheers

Sarge

Its actually a workshop action NOT a RECALL..........people start getting really twitchy when its a recall. Only when its severe safety stuff its a recall..............brakes/suspension all that jazz. VW and Audi have coil pack workshop actions possibly SEAT and Skoda too with their petrol derivatives

Mine were all replaced in Sept '08 under warranty after one failed. Am I likely to have the latest type or should I be chasing my dealers for this 'Product Enhancement'? '55 reg 1.8 T

It certainly would do no harm to call your local dealer with VIN and Reg. No. and see if it's affected

I had my coilpacks replaced last week during an MOT - which it failed due to a "harsh/coarse horn"

Dealer phoned me up & seemed delighted to tell me that it would cost £160 for a new horn.

I didn't have much choice, so said go ahead. I then remembered about the MOT protection that Audi sold me last year - for less than the cost of the MOT.

A quick search through the small print confirmed it was covered, so I called them back & gave them the good news.

The even forgot to charge the £10 excess on the policy!

PS - the new horn sounds exactly the same as the old one

Anyone know if my mums Polo is covered?

It's a 1.0 3 cylinder, think it's a 52 plate.

The bloody thing eats coil packs, it's had all 3 replaced on at least 6 separate occasions, and the odd one a few times too.

Sadly not it's just 1.8 engines and above.

My Dad has a 3-cyl 1.2 Polo so I asked the question when they replaced the ones on my R32

Sadly not it's just 1.8 engines and above.

My Dad has a 3-cyl 1.2 Polo so I asked the question when they replaced the ones on my R32

Shame, wonder why they're restricting it?

I think she's going to buy a new car soon anyway, it definitely won't be any VAG!

• 3 weeks later...

Again, thanks to this thread I have just had the coilpacks replaced on my 3.0 Cab.

To sour the event they informed me that I need 4 new tyres (replaced 9000 miles ago and recently checked), I have 80% wear in both discs and pads on the rear, and need to replace the anti-roll bars!

Thankfully they didn't try and offer to quote for it or i think i might have been rude.

Thanks again.

I called in to my local Audi dealer today for some wiper blades and asked the service manager about this. He confirmed they have been told by Audi to check every car that comes their way and do the mod to every one that is within the range. He showed me that day's work list and roughly half the cars on it had the word 'campaign' against them. He confirmed my '55 reg A4 cab was covered and there was no time limit so I could have it done later in the year when I am due MoT and brake fluid. So thanks to everyone for alerting me to this so I can make sure I benefit from it.

He confirmed my '55 reg A4 cab was covered and there was no time limit so I could have it done later in the year when I am due MoT and brake fluid.

It only takes an hour and you should be able to get it done while you wait (Southampton Audi did that for me), so why not get it done now?

Thanks for the heads up. My 2003 1.8T S3 is covered. I am booked in with Oxford Audi for them to be checked.

I took in a hand written note, and asked if the "28E9 Product Enhancement Campaign" coilpack replacement was relevant to my car.

The answer, "yes your car is on the recall" So i can see where people are getting the "recall" bit from.