Fifth Gear RS3 Test 7.30pm this Friday

ashleywater

Would have preferred Plato to be driving as he doesn't squeal like a pig when he gets excited.

Totally agree with you, with JP you would get a warts and all opinion, not a huge dose of "Jolly Hockeysticks" & "Chocks away"

I am not knocking her driving ability, just the total lack of useful feedback on how the car actually drives, when she gets behind the wheel.

Anyway heres hoping we get some form of useful opinion come Friday, I might even have to stop being such a half empty glass about this car.............but there again.......

You're all right about VB-H. But somehow, while she's squealing away, I cease to care :grin:

Understand where your coming from Patently,personally I am not averse to some "Posh Totty" but I draw the line at VBH.........

I guess we will have to see how many "Squeals" the RS3 can generate, to try and ascertain if its actually any good..........

I'm going to tune into this. In fact I may even set an alarm! I think VBH is awesome, but then I don't care whether it's any good or not in some qualitative, balanced road test. I just want to see her and the RS3 sideways, squealing and grinning :grin:

That's all TV reviews are for now anyways. And I'm sure it will reappear about 20 times on Fifth Gear and TopGear because of the fans.

If you really want to know if it's any good, make sure you go drive one yourself +++

funny how internet bravado always raises "standards".

I'd still like to make her squeal like a pig any day. Posh totty = dirty beatch. +++

As for the RS3, why waste the time of a decent driver on it?

If you want to see some Dirty Beaches we have plenty down our way............not so much of the Posh Totty unfortunately.............as for internet bravado raising standards....I would beg to differ.........my standards have always been down there with the worst........but lets not go there.

Whats the betting she squeals like a live porker on a spit roast whilst driving the RS3................will you suddenly become a huge VAG Fan Garcon ???

Well, It was a better review than I was expecting, she wasn't exactly enamored with it, but it wasn't bad, shame it looks even more dated than it did in pictures, and as for those wheels, they are quite simply awful, looked quick though.

Also I just don't believe for one second anyone would have guessed it cost 40k, it just does not look like a 40k car, especially with those wheels.

Well, It was a better review than I was expecting, she wasn't exactly enamored with it, but it wasn't bad, shame it looks even more dated than it did in pictures, and as for those wheels, they are quite simply awful, looked quick though.

Also I just don't believe for one second anyone would have guessed it cost 40k, it just does not look like a 40k car, especially with those wheels.

Just watched it now and agree that those wheels are a fecking joke! That mountain road looks something special she took it on thou! That one of the routes for next month??? :)

Was actually quite a good show. They just need to get rid of one the presenters to make it slightly better, no not Vicky, but that Jonny chap, just don't like him. Happy they got rid of Tom Ford and the really annoying guy, can't remember his name.

I quite like the wheels on the RS3 but the whole car looks dated and once the new one arrives it will look almost antique

Was actually quite a good show.

I was very unimpressed with the show - most of the items were too short, more sound bites than proper appraisals of a car. The "how much do you think an RS3 costs" section was as long as the "how does an RS3 drive" section - which IMHO qualifies Fifth Gear as the Auto Express of TV (i.e. tat).