I should not be allowed on EBay whilst drunk.

theduisbergkid

I should not be allowed on EBay whilst drunk.

I've just won a boat. I say boat. It could be a yacht. Or a lilo. Or a ferry. I don't know anything about boats. It is green, has 3 holes in it (hence cheap price) and a man from Yorkshire is delivering it to my house, which is ideally located for aquatic adventures, being in Leicestershire...

The current Mrs Duisberg's mood would best be described as 'volcanic'.

Positives : I already have a pirate flag. The kids will love it. It is green and has a yellow stripe on the side. I will call her 'Dame Ellen MacArthur' after Derbyshire's most famous whinging maritime lesbian. It only has 3 holes in it.

Negatives : I get seasick just looking at water. I don't know anything about boats.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medway. That's Kent as I recall... Down the river Wreake, along the river soar, right on to the Trent, then the Humber, under that big bridge, turn right at Hull, south for about 8" on this map, then right up the Thames, 1st on the left. If locals speak French then I've missed it, right ? Piece of cake. Be there in 15 minutes. Ta. +++

Medway. That's Kent as I recall... Down the river Wreake, along the river soar, right on to the Trent, then the Humber, under that big bridge, turn right at Hull, south for about 8" on this map, then right up the Thames, 1st on the left. If locals speak French then I've missed it, right ? Piece of cake. Be there in 15 minutes. Ta. +++

I'd recommend an engine... maybe a Tomtom too by the sounds of you map reading skills ;)

TSN party boat . . . next meet at Rutland then !

I'll be sorely disappointed if it is a remote control boat.

What I will like is if it is a full sized thing, it turns up on your doorstep, and you are the local talk of the town as a recent winner of Bullseye!

TDK - In (or about the Medway) there is an old wreck of an American WWII merchant ship. In it's hull, is effectively around 400,000 tones of TNT in various states of decay. Lots of marker bouys are around it to warn you

If you ventrue down the Kent, please make sure you do NOT go near it. Please take a sea map reading course..... Or your boat might end up with more than 3 holes in it.

Calling Scooby_Si - he can teach you how to sail.