Bye-Bye GTI

ludwig

Just to let RedRobin, TwoSheds, garcon, Cuprabob, MattR, Snoopy and many others who I've had the pleasure of communicating with over the last 5 years, know that I'm leaving this Forum.

I sold my MY 2006 GTI today via PistonHeads.

Put it on the site at 21:00 last Friday. First call at 21:30. Caller came to collect it today. Great.

I've really had a great time on this Forum.

Everybody has been so helpful.

I would have had a Mk6 but I'm not going to wait 5-6 months for anyone.

The Mk5 really was the best in mho.

Did you know they still use the EA113 motor in the Audi S3.

Now why would that be .... ?

I'm going to try a Japanese car - no, not the WRX STi, although I've had three test drives!

Best of luck to everyone out there! Ludwig (I'll have to change my Login name to Ryuichi or similar!)

This isn't a marque specific forum (despite all the Audi owners), so not sure why you'd 'leave'?

I can't do marque specific forums any more, the fan boys do my head in, they can't see beyond the badge on the front of their car, and just wont listen to anyone who dares to suggest anything else might be better.

They can be a wealth of knowledge, but just seem populated by tossers.

Hmmm - I disagree with that. Yes, I know it was a couple of years ago now, but my V6 S4, Allroad and V8 S4 were all really great cars. The A4 1.8T was, erm interesting, but I put 100k miles on it in 2 years when I first started the business - 180k is about the limit with those things!

Hmmm - I disagree with that. Yes, I know it was a couple of years ago now, but my V6 S4, Allroad and V8 S4 were all really great cars. The A4 1.8T was, erm interesting, but I put 100k miles on it in 2 years when I first started the business - 180k is about the limit with those things!

They were the older models though, before Audi went all lah di dah, they aren't all bad though to be fair I just can't help baiting Audi owners, they always bite!

Whats it being pitched against?

Glad you mentioned that Mook, I cannot see the value of pitching an RS3 against two modified cars, would have been a fairer test, if the RS3 had also been modified, and 450hp is easily and reliably achieved with the 5 pot Audi engine, SIARI, that particular test and comparison, seemed a bit of strange to me and slighly pointless, could have chucked in a 350HP Golf R if they wanted to take that particular route, IMHO they should have been testing production cars, not "Modified" cars