I'm now poor - deposit paid

Andrew

I don't suppose there is anyone left in here now is there?

Deposit paid on an 08 M3 Coupe, Silverstone II, 16k miles, great history, most extras other than upgraded sound system. From a main dealer too and I got a pretty good price in the end.

I didn't think I'd ever get there. Going to see it Saturday after my training session and probably pick it up in May after my big race.

I need another cup of tea.

Thanks to MrMe for putting up with my constant questions over haggling with dealers!

WOOP WOOP ! ! !

Great choice Andrew, I miss the one I had and get hunger pangs every time my business partner turns up in his. 08 models are getting to sensible money now... look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing the smile on your face when you pick it up :D

Thanks Max - I've had a few different thoughts along the way too! RS4, 996 Turbo etc etc. I've been a bit of a girl on this one!

Been to see it in the flesh this afternoon and it is pretty much immaculate. There is a small scratch on the rear bumper which they are sorting out but otherwise it looks ok to me. And if anything goes wrong I've the 12 months warranty to fall back on if needed.

A couple of questions for the masses though please:

They offered me GAP insurance for £990 for three years' cover. Normally I'd not be interested BUT, with it comes £3k of repairs for scratches, chips and dents. They will cover scratches and dents up to 15cm long up to £500 six times over the course of three years. What do we think about that? It must be a ruse somehow.

The other thing they tried to get me into was finance. I don't need it but the chap did say his flat rate was 4.1% (APR higher than that) so I wanted to know what the thoughts were on that. I still don't think I'll take it but it was interesting for a second.

The dealer is part of the Sytner group if that makes any difference.

The only other annoying thing is that I've got to wait until the 4th May before I go and get it!

Thanks Max - I've had a few different thoughts along the way too! RS4, 996 Turbo etc etc. I've been a bit of a girl on this one!

Been to see it in the flesh this afternoon and it is pretty much immaculate. There is a small scratch on the rear bumper which they are sorting out but otherwise it looks ok to me. And if anything goes wrong I've the 12 months warranty to fall back on if needed.

A couple of questions for the masses though please:

They offered me GAP insurance for £990 for three years' cover. Normally I'd not be interested BUT, with it comes £3k of repairs for scratches, chips and dents. They will cover scratches and dents up to 15cm long up to £500 six times over the course of three years. What do we think about that? It must be a ruse somehow.

The other thing they tried to get me into was finance. I don't need it but the chap did say his flat rate was 4.1% (APR higher than that) so I wanted to know what the thoughts were on that. I still don't think I'll take it but it was interesting for a second.

The dealer is part of the Sytner group if that makes any difference.

The only other annoying thing is that I've got to wait until the 4th May before I go and get it!

Congratulations on your new car.

With regards to the finance 4.1% base (circa 8.2% APR) is average. For example M&S are doing 6.9% APR at the moment via moneysupermarket for loans between £5k and £14950.

4.1 flat on used is as cheap as you will get on car finance. There are others that will do 3.5 but getting it is bloody hard work.

Looks a lovely thing! If you are in the market for gap, www.click4gap.co.uk will be about £175 for return to invoice which is the one you need. Forget the scratch cover rubbish. It's sales patter and they will wriggle if you try to claim.

My rule of thumb with these types of loans are that APR is roughly twice the base rate. For me base rate is important, for example if you borrow £10k at a base rate of 5% then the interest is £500 for every year you take the loan over i/e. 1yr = £500, 3yr = £1,500

A dealer snap attached!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43183[/ATTACH]

Proper bit of kit Andrew, I know you're going to enjoy it... May 4th will arrive soon enough +++

With regards GAP, like Booster said, Return To Invoice cover is what you're after. The plan they've offered you sounds expensive for the value of car. For three years and £20k's of cover (which IMO is a lot more than you'll need, £10-15k would be plenty) you should be looking at £450 from a BMW dealer (tell them Baron's in Hindhead if they as for proof! ;) ). I don't have any experience of click4gap, so don't know their level of cover offered for £175.

One insurance I would go for is tyre cover, the 19's are c£300 each... And for £300 you can have up to £1,500/5 claims on the BM policy... When you get a "puncture" :wink:

18 more sleeps !!! :D

Thanks Biscuits - I did think there must be a catch somewhere. The finance guys were very eager to see me.

Luckily I've got lots on until the 4th like this race, a busy work week and a week's holiday. I am looking forward to bringing it back though. It shouldl also enjoy its final home in Edinburgh where it can stretch its legs a bit more in some of the rural roads I've been promised!