Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mook

New 5 Series - it's a handsome thing

43 posts in this topic

:roflmao:

Never twigged that one Biscuits. You're like Henry Ford, except your colour is grey :P

:roflmao:

Never twigged that one Biscuits. You're like Henry Ford, except your colour is grey :P

And the small fact that he isn't dead.

:grin: Thats a lot of "Grey", I am thinking 2012 M5 ;) I know must be mad, but the GTR has been kicked into touch by the other half, so it's come down and be sensible order a diesel ............'''':eek:

or just drive cars I have no hope of exploring the power in the UK!! no brainer you say :confused:....................:ffs:

And you reckon you can exploit that 550 to the full in the UK...?! :P

Hmmmm - I've so far had a silver fiesta, silver A4, silver A4 cab x 2, silver M5 and errrr the new car is ....... well, officlally grey/silver +++

:grin:Eer ............ NO

Ow Diesel it is then.............................. new range rover Evoque?:o

And you reckon you can exploit that 550 to the full in the UK...?! :P

The engine in the 550i is the same as in our X5 - so why bother with the M5 when you can spend a few quid of a remap and exploit 550 horses and 750 Nm of torque....:grin:

Oh come on - an M car is about more than the engine!

Oh yes, I wouldn't disagree Mook, but I was thinking of the outlay on a 550i and what would be lost chopping in it - then the difference in price to an M5.

For the difference - it'd be very tempting to just whack that map.:roflmao:

One of these new 5 series was in front of me yesterday on the motorway we were doing about 75mph in the inner lane and the hazards came on and it slowly came to a stop on the hard shoulder, would have stopped to help but was in a rush. It could have just been fuel I suppose.

The engine in the 550i is the same as in our X5 - so why bother with the M5 when you can spend a few quid of a remap and exploit 550 horses and 750 Nm of torque....:grin:
This is a good point, I may consider it.

Oh yes, I wouldn't disagree Mook, but I was thinking of the outlay on a 550i and what would be lost chopping in it - then the difference in price to an M5.

For the difference - it'd be very tempting to just whack that map.:roflmao:

Another good point.

One of these new 5 series was in front of me yesterday on the motorway we were doing about 75mph in the inner lane and the hazards came on and it slowly came to a stop on the hard shoulder, would have stopped to help but was in a rush. It could have just been fuel I suppose.
More like the guy stopped for a leak.:P

I have had no problems with mine and economy is fantastic for what the car is, I get 28/30MPG now the weather has improved, that to me is great.

More like the guy stopped for a leak.:P

I have had no problems with mine and economy is fantastic for what the car is, I get 28/30MPG now the weather has improved, that to me is great.

WHAT!!!! 28/30 MPG? Are you Miss Daisy? Does the thing get to the '3' on the rev counter?:eek::grin:

How the hell are you getting 28/30 mpg!!!!

Are you freewheeling everywhere? :roflmao:

How the hell are you getting 28/30 mpg!!!!

Are you freewheeling everywhere? :roflmao:

+1, you must be trying VERY hard to get that

WHAT!!!! 28/30 MPG? Are you Miss Daisy? Does the thing get to the '3' on the rev counter?:eek::grin:
I do not hang about it must be the "High 8th Gear" 80MPH shows between 1800/1900 RPM.