Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maersk

A Proper Audi?

66 posts in this topic

Aygo/107/C1 were NOT affected with ESP as they all have it as standard, it was the auto box versions, THEY are the fly by wire models.......................

Aygo/107/C1 were NOT affected with ESP as they all have it as standard, it was the auto box versions, THEY are the fly by wire models.......................

Sorry but as a C1 owner (as well as my RS4) I have to tell you that they DO NOT have ESP (or even TC) as standard - just ABS.

Except for the automated manual (it's not an auto) and those bought with the ESP option they have a basic throttle cable and not fly-by-wire - and the sticking throttle pedal problem only affects the fly-by-wire pedal and not the cable pedal.

Driv

I have a 107 and it has got ESP and ABS. Was a major selling point. Perhaps that goes some way towards explaining the price differentials across the makes.................. Agreed no traction control.

Automated manual, indeed.

I have a 107 and it has got ESP and ABS.

As ESP was/is an option only 34 C1 owners and 6380 107 owners (can't separate how many Aygos have the option from the data on the VOSA website) in the UK have ESP - that's the number that were affected by the throttle pedal replacement recall.

How do you like the C1?

Throttle response is quite pleasant for such a small engine. Gutless but interesting.........

I have a confession, I was waiting for a customer at the local Audi dealer last week, and I took the oportunity to have a look at an A1 they had in stock.

It was a dark grey metallic colour, and looked...

...realy nice.

I've seen a few others, and to be honest, they look utterly w@nk in either red, white, or very very pale pastel blue, but in the dark grey, it looked like a different car.

It's a girls car so I'll not be buying one, but seems to be very very colour sensitive, I've never seen another one I liked.

Petrol, further to our 107 discussion...

June 2005

The Peugeot 107 was launched in the UK with just one trim level and a single 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine. The 107Urban comes equipped with a 1.0 litre, 3 cylinder petrol engine and a 5 speed manual gearbox. A 2-tronic, controlled manual gearbox is available as an option. The list of standard equipment - both in terms of safety and comfort - is highly competitive in this sector and its insurance group rating is 1E.

Active safety features include anti-lock braking (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBFD) and cornering stability control (CSC). The 107 is fitted with SMART driver and passenger airbags and front side airbags as standard. Security includes a Thatcham approved transponder immobiliser, a locking fuel filler cap and an internally operated central locking button.

(Handbag/on)

The automated manual is the only fly by wire.

(Handbag/off)

Tipex, agree completely. The 'car' is so colour sensitive it is unbelieveable. As ypou say red, white etc naff, but the deep grey metallic looks quite classy. The inside is a different matter though. Oh those air vents - inspiration from a jet engine exhaust - bollox, looks just like a Mark 1 Cortina to me.................................. and as for the 'motorcycle petrol tank inspired central tunnel area, it too digs deep into the parts bin of time and is very reminiscent of a 105 Anglia.

What goes around comes around I guess......

Takes pie (humble) out of the 'fridge and consumes it voraciously....................

CSC helps when you brake in a corner, so only works when you apply the brakes (as does ABS)

and ESP is an ACTIVE system that can "decide" to apply one or more brakes in order to keep a car

out of a spin or skid even if you do NOT press the brake pedal...

Explains the throttle cable..............................................

Still a fun pedal though........

It's IMPOSSIBLE to implement ESP with a cable throttle UNLESS you also fit a stepper motor than forcibly closes the throttle body - and the C1/107/Aygo doesn't have one of them.

(Handbag/on)

The automated manual is the only fly by wire.

(Handbag/off)

NOT true (as can be said of 99.9999999% of Marketing waffle) - check the online technical manual on the PSA website. A good proof is that it lists ABS blocks for manual, manual plus ESP and automated manual (the last two are the same part). Plus the drive-by-wire throttle body is listed as applying to the manual plus ESP and automated manual options.

How do you like the C1?

Throttle response is quite pleasant for such a small engine. Gutless but interesting.........

I like the 3-cylinder engine note - and it's surprising how many cars you can leave standing at the "traffic lights Grand Prix". It even maintains a "70mph"(!) motorway lane 3 cruise easily enough to keep up with the Audi, Merc, BMW crowd.

We've got a bit off the A1 topic? I spec'd an A1 to over £30k, and thought that was just ridiculous. Audi won't be seeing any of my pennies for an A1 that's for sure.

Edited by PetrolDave

We've got a bit off the A1 topic? I spec'd an A1 to over £30k, and thought that was just ridiculous. Audi won't be seeing any of my pennies for an A1 that's for sure.

Out of interest....what was the cost of the un-specced model you configuered.....and what was the total cost of the options you specced to bring it up to 30k....I really do wonder what the sales staff would say behind a customers back who walked in and specced an A1 to 30k....surely they must take the piss.

Out of interest....what was the cost of the un-specced model you configuered.....and what was the total cost of the options you specced to bring it up to 30k....I really do wonder what the sales staff would say behind a customers back who walked in and specced an A1 to 30k....surely they must take the piss.

Basic price £19,950 (S-Line 1.4 TFSI S-tronic), price of options £11,920 - total price £31,870.

Yep, can understand that I did somehting similar myself. Only got it to upper 29k though.

I must have missed something vital.

Time will tell, but in general Golf resale values hold pretty strong so I would be surprised if the A1 is any better.

The first tranche of launch models is appearing on the used market now................. they are not solid gold in ther depreciation department..........