Im vinyl wraping my car next week !! need some more bits

daviesbike

Well when I first saw a masked up car, I thought that this was all going to go tits up and come out hideous, but you know what - that's a pretty good paint job. No, I can't see it close up and I've no idea whether you'll be able to see whether the silver shows through the panel gaps and door shuts - hopefully not.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ha but i have a cunning plan in order to counter that .... remember that gloss black vinyl wrap well when it is all finished and humpty dumpty is back together i will see what its like and if there is any silver showing any where then i may do a wrap on the inside of the door shuts so that its as if it were a full change ... what you think ?

Good idea, the D2 is such a fantastic car. The XJ and S Class, 7 Series of the same era don't compare IMO. Love the fact Audi were knocking aluminium bodied cars out in 1994, Jag came along 9 years later and still couldn't get it right (they corrode at the point the steel hinges meet with the ali frame) yet their 'all aluminium XJ' is something they boast about on their site.

yes but for the price i payed its not worth me selling it as i payed over the odds any way due to the extras ect.. to be fair i think i will run it till the day it dies and even then it may live on haha lot of car for the money and for what i have spent getting it the way it is now i think it will freshen it up with out loosing the executive look and give me many more years happy motoring to be fair touch wood its the most reliable car i have ever owned never had any troubles with it at all and every think works on it, besides if i ever did sell it i have plenty of proof of the respray :-)

i have sold the vinyl sorry only have some to do the door shuts if i decide to do them, also i notified the dvla before it was painted and sent the log book off and it is already on the system with insurance as well, oh hear are some more pics of todays unmasking and the bonnet going back on the car :-)

01062011367.jpg

01062011358.jpg

01062011360.jpg

01062011361.jpg

01062011360.jpg

01062011362.jpg

01062011363.jpg

01062011365.jpg

01062011366.jpg

enjoy

thank you very much :grin:

im happy with it just a shame i cant get it back in untill next week as there is a small patch about 3" that had a reaction but could have been my fault i may have missed a small but when i was rubbing down with the P800 its a lot of car to prep haha

Aside from the car, is that your workshop or do you have the use of a spray shop. Reason I ask is that it's quite unusual to have 15 amp bayonet (power) plugs in a domestic shed.

You make the thread sound all DIY, but I'd have thought your skill were commercial. Have you done many resprays ?

sorry prehaps i did not explain fully, the work shop i am paying cash in hand to have the use of, i have preped all the car i have bought the paint ect and a friend of mine has experience with spraying and has guided me through what was needed and its been a joint effort between us, the work shop is not mine it belongs to a local friend, if it was a garden shed i would be very lucky to have a spray booth in it :grin:

and no have not done many resprays i have sprayed many things sutch as wings spoilers ect but never a full car witch is why i got some one to help

Edited by daviesbike