Wireless repeater for Sony TV

websterm

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia TV & Sony Blu-Ray which are Internet enabled & I'd like to connect them to the WWW.

Sony sell a dongle (£60+) which will do this but I'm reluctant to splash the cash as this seems expensive to me.

Has anyone used a wireless repeater/extender to connect their TV, etc to thier home wifi & if so any suggestions on the best product to use?

My plan is to connect both devices to a repeater (wired) & have it connect to my wifi (wirelessly) & out to the WWW.

Thanks

You could also use Ethernet Power adaptors which use the mains wiring to extend the network. I use them between my router and my BT Vision box without any problem

This is what I'm planning to do with mine, have a BD-770 blu-ray and am waiting a few weeks before the new Bravia TV range hits the streets to upgrade the telly. The wifi connection I use atm just seems a bit flaky to stream movies over so am hoping some homeplugs will do the job better. Maybe its just Lovefilm though as the wifi connection to laptops and phones is usually rock solid...

I'd also heard that you have to buy the Sony dongle if you want wireless. No other will work.

• 2 weeks later...