Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wakman

Should I buy a Bettle

22 posts in this topic

Hello

I would love to hear from Beetle owners. My wife wants a Bettle and i am not too sure or know anything about the car.

I was woundering if anyone has had one and what are the cars goos point and bad. Any nigly problems things like.

If anyone can share some thought it would be appriciated.

Wakman

Hmmm...... I'd advise your wife to avoid Bettle.... especially Bettle Juice.

However... a VW Beetle is a good car, depending what year you're looking at...

Hmmm...... I'd advise your wife to avoid Bettle.... especially Bettle Juice.

However... a VW Beetle is a good car, depending what year you're looking at...

Why what year is good ?

Thanks for reading and replying

Well.... is she after a classic:

1973-VW-Beetle-Manual.jpg

Or a modern remake:

1998-on-VW-Beetle.jpg

Classics are great and that would be my choice, the new ones look dreadful

There's a newer version of the new one also in the pipeline if she'd like to wait for that.

Looking to spend about 3 k on a new shaped one i have a budget. Just woundering what people thougths are.

I know you can get 1.4 or 1.6 and 2.0 engines which are best people have said that 2.0 does not get much mpg so between the 4 and 6

With 3k to spend, you'll be looking at a 70-90k miles 1.6l or 2.0l around the 2000/2001.

They also did a 2.3 V5, but fuel would be more. I think that (not looked) the 1.4's will be out of budget as they are more economical

So in your opinion is it worth adding up my budget to get a 1.4

What I learnt today is that the VW Beetle (2000 shape) develops 79kg of lift at the front and 99kg lift at the rear at 90mph. Add a 70mph gust of headwind and that rises to 226kg at front and 284kg rear, totally 510kg of lift - high speed cornering in windy conditions are not reccomended +++

Looking to spend about 3 k on a new shaped one i have a budget. Just woundering what people thougths are.

I know you can get 1.4 or 1.6 and 2.0 engines which are best people have said that 2.0 does not get much mpg so between the 4 and 6

Dude.......save some more spondoolicks and plug for the PD version. Tin top or Cabriolet? Cabs dont leak very much at all. Not had very many probs with them really. Reliable too or go for the cheaper to run 1.4 16 valve unit......1.6 8 valve and 2.0 litre 8 valves are DOGS!!!! take it form some one that knows woking on them day in day out. 1.8 turbo avoid unless full service history, get expensive with the costly rebuilds.V5 avoid totally not even as a gift! +++

Edited by TIDYDUBS

Ive owned 1.6, 1.8t, 1.9td and 2.0 Beetles and id have a 1.9 or 1.8 if i were to have another the td being my preference as the engine is pretty good and returns good mpg. Car handles better than mk4 golf for some odd reason and my modded beetle was good fun.

Word of caution though if you have kids as many of the high back seats do not fit in the rear of the nb, they foul on the c-pillar. Also look out for damage to the cills as lots of dealers (main dealers included) have bent nb cills lifting the cars incorrectly and its not an attractive look.

What I learnt today is that the VW Beetle (2000 shape) develops 79kg of lift at the front and 99kg lift at the rear at 90mph. Add a 70mph gust of headwind and that rises to 226kg at front and 284kg rear, totally 510kg of lift - high speed cornering in windy conditions are not reccomended +++

You nerd........:roflmao:+++

you didn't look up Bettle Juice on Urban Dictionary then... lol

I am a fan of any Volkswagen car! Volkswagen stands for simple, dull and safe design. Bettle is nice but I also like 'Up Yours!'. It's amazing! Volkswagen unveiled variations of its brand new three-door supermini shed, the “Up yours!” at the Frankfurt Motor Show last fall. It will be showing four new versions of the “Up Yours!” in the coming week at the Geneva Motor Show.

Edited by bazza_g

II am a fan of any Volkswagen car! Volkswagen stands for simple, dull and safe design. Bettle is nice but I also like 'Up Yours!'. It's amazing! Volkswagen unveiled variations of its brand new three-door supermini shed, the “Up yours!” at the Frankfurt Motor Show last fall. It will be showing four new versions of the “Up Yours!” in the coming week at the Geneva Motor Show.

1st post- Might you work for VW in marketing ?

Edited by bazza_g

1st post- Might you work for VW in marketing ?

what?! do you mean people would post false claims to love something purely for financial gain?! :coffee:

I'm not sure anyone in VW marketing would be allowed to call their new car the "Up Yours"! :P

I'm not sure anyone in VW marketing would be allowed to call their new car the "Up Yours"! :P

who could have edited that? :roflmao:

I did hear through my sources that VW were going to do a special edition more economical model named the E-UP. Also comes with a dog guard and boot liner factory fitted for the whippet

I did hear through my sources that VW were going to do a special edition more economical model named the E-UP. Also comes with a dog guard and boot liner factory fitted for the whippet

also included are driver and passenger flat caps :roflmao:

How dare you make jokes based on regional stereotyping! Mac will get all upset!

Oh no, hang on, he doesn't live up north any more! :P