Red Robin

M8CKN

It's about a 30% increase so not exactly itty bitty. And I suspect not a massive amount of the cash has gone on getting the BHP, most has gone on 'cosmetics'

As you say he likes it so that's all that counts. Shame about the pink though...

Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing you Golf-fanboys :P as it still a power increase but a lot is said about the the car so I was just expecting more after all the Shark stage 1 take it up to 240bhp (keeps it drivable). My Cooper S has gone from 163 to a modest estimate of 220 (was 211 before I changed the manifold and exhaust plus added a sport cat and changed the airbox). If I change the cam and remap it then it will be knocking on the door of 250.

Have to say I thought they were well over 200 and something odd bhp anyway? so I was slightly underwhelmed by that figure.

It's not all about power though, if it handles and stops well, thats worth more than a big power hike anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I was originally going to write "what a cock", but I thought it a bit strong.

Weight difference between carbon and metal wings is negligible, because metal ones weigh the square root of naff all (I know, I've looked at fibre glass wings for my track toy). Problem with carbon and fibreglass wings is one knock and they're cracked/crazed, so new wing.

Get a life.

I don't understand the constant modding mentality, I'll say that much.

Modifications are fine, but I think the art to it is knowing when to stop and in this case I think that passed many, many years ago ( (in my personal opinion and with no offence intended as I know Robin loves his car and that's all that matters).

I don't understand the constant modding mentality, I'll say that much.

Me too, especially when the GTI is already the fastest car in the world.

I kind of grew out of modding in my early 20's although I understand if you are regularly use it on the track