Swirl scratch removal

DanG

Just bought a white car which, whist only a year old, shows considerable signs of supermarket cleaning people.

(That and I knew this from the family member I bought it from... Grrr).

Is there a product I can use to try to get rid of these? I have tried a few Megs wax products but no joy.

I am considering getting a professional in for a full clean and polish to remove..... but thought I would try it myself.

If anyone does know someone around Bath let me know.

Cheers!

Just bought a white car which, whist only a year old, shows considerable signs of supermarket cleaning people.

(That and I knew this from the family member I bought it from... Grrr).

Is there a product I can use to try to get rid of these? I have tried a few Megs wax products but no joy.

I am considering getting a professional in for a full clean and polish to remove..... but thought I would try it myself.

If anyone does know someone around Bath let me know.

Cheers!

Give it a good going over with Menzerna deep or fast cut with a machine....then id use Poorboys diamond show glaze the white one its pretty good i use it with a machine and its Tidy!!!!!I take it its a German car you purchased?

yes its German - but this one is not from Stuttgart - that will come in a couple of months...

not sure I am up to using a machine to be honest - I am guessing I would be down to bare metal in a matter of seconds!

Thinking this is a professional job initially, then me with some Poorboys or similar.

Hi buddy... last thing you want to do is attack it with a machine if youve never used one before... theres too many things against you to fail... i.e experience what polish would you use? what pad? what rpm? what compound for cutting what compound for refining? will you be able to tell if it needs further refinement? what technique to use? and most important... how much paint do i actually have to play with..

for the time being you could look into a filler or a glaze that would mask the defects... the likes of poor boys white diamond is full of fillers so would mask the defects nicely, many places do 1-1 tuition showing you technicques and the ins and outs... you should think about that if you are interested in removing defects yourself in the future....

hope you get it sorted... nufin worse than a new car with swirls....