RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scillyisles - honest question: you say it's faster than the figures suggest. Is that you or others putting actual figures on it, or gut feel compared to other cars you've driven?

1. I have a couple of the other cars in my fleet that are of similar performance on paper. A good comparison would be to my M3 CSL. In a straight back to back comparision the RS3 is quicker on the pickup to 60. The CSL gets into it's own at higher speeds when the rev range counts

2. After buying and driving the car, I read all the magazine reports I could find out of interest to compare my experience. All seem to have beaten Audi's published figures which seems odd. Top Gear Magazine got 3.8 seconds for the 0-60 time.

No doubt it's a stonking engine, and as an old school Audi fan, I love the fact it's a 5 pot, personally I find it a shame they stuck it in a minicab, but that's my personal view on the looks alone, not the driving experience, which apparently is very good.

Tipex, people have claimed 4s sprints for the RS3. See here for a 4.2s example.

Also, pretty sure Topgear were quoting a SUB 4s 0-60 on it too :eek:

Edited by Mac

So I wont take any lectures from anyone, on Ford's, have owned, driven, wrapped and liked them over many years.

And as for talking crap, I'll take that as a compliment from a leading exponent of the subject

Oh f*ck off and get over yourself, no ones giving any lectures, I specifically said my gripe had nothing to do with either of the cars mentioned, and everything to do with the utter, utter bullsh1t that is 'my car is faster/more powerful than its meant to be, and anything else is not'.

Grow up.

No one, as far as I can see, has slagged off the RS3 for quite some time, in fact quite the opposite, so I'm not sure why you still have the chip on your shoulder about it?

Found a video

Yeah it does seem to tail off quite a lot. 13.6s Quarter mile - E46 M3 is about a 13.2s and the E92 12.4s @ 114Mph, so the gap would be significant by then.

The thing is though, on the roads I reckon it'd be quite a weapon, but with less involvement. In that video it says the same thing - auto, just plant the throttle and hold on. I guess that has a certain attraction - in fact it *would* have had more of an attraction for me 10 years ago I think.

Yeah it does seem to tail off quite a lot. 13.6s Quarter mile - E46 M3 is about a 13.2s and the E92 12.4s @ 114Mph, so the gap would be significant by then.

The thing is though, on the roads I reckon it'd be quite a weapon, but with less involvement. In that video it says the same thing - auto, just plant the throttle and hold on. I guess that has a certain attraction - in fact it *would* have had more of an attraction for me 10 years ago I think.

10 years ago you had that mad amd soaked rs4, but that was a manual. Remember driving eds and suddenly understanding. That was raw however, would be surprised if this is. I get the rs3, but wouldn't be my choice for all the reason it would be someone else's.

Oh f*ck off and get over yourself, no ones giving any lectures, I specifically said my gripe had nothing to do with either of the cars mentioned, and everything to do with the utter, utter bullsh1t that is 'my car is faster/more powerful than its meant to be, and anything else is not'.

Grow up.

No one, as far as I can see, has slagged off the RS3 for quite some time, in fact quite the opposite, so I'm not sure why you still have the chip on your shoulder about it?

It is fair to say, that you havnt posted on this thread for a while,and TBH I am at a complete loss to understand how you manage to gleen the view of my posts that you seem to have taken.and the baseless interpretations you appear to have made.

It would also seem that, based on the subsequent posts on the subject from others,of manufacturers quoted and actual real world 0-60 times for the RS3, my comments were not as wide of the mark, as you seem to infer they were.

In regards to "Chips" I think you have cornered the market on "Ian Beales" on this thread, so I would respectfully suggest, that you turn the frier down a bit,after all, unless I have missed something, this is supposed to be a thread about a specific car, not an "attitude" forum

post-7621-137914482252_thumb.jpg

Thought you were getting a grey one?

That looks silver to me? (under the cover obviously)

Yep correct, that is Suzuka Grey,on the right and Ibis White on the left as a comparison.

Shot above, looks almost like a blue grey, against the wrapping

Suzuka Grey is an extremely strange colour, as it appears to be all sorts of different colours under different light conditions, quite weird I have to admit, will have to wait and see what she looks like unwrapped