RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

Garcon, your a hero mate, I would have been p1ssing blood for a week after that journey, in that motor, but there again, I probably wouldnt have even able to "shoehorn" meself in one of those, these days.

Sorry, should have been clearer - it's Thorburn who's the hero. I did the same trip, more or less - but from Cheshire in the relative comfort of a WRX STI. :grin:

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choice. Did you use their Evolve-R box, or did you pop-in ?

I didn't even know they did a box in all honesty.:roflmao:

I drove down to Luton and back in a day. Left here at 6am, got there at 10.15am, was back here for 6pm and that included a stop on the way back. That was a good while back now mind you. The power gain is very noticeable and it's made the car very urgent in a straight line. They reckon the remapped cars will get to 100 mph up to 2 seconds faster than the standard 35i's, and it certainly feels it.

I drove down to Luton and back in a day. Left here at 6am, got there at 10.15am, was back here for 6pm and that included a stop on the way back. That was a good while back now mind you. The power gain is very noticeable and it's made the car very urgent in a straight line. They reckon the remapped cars will get to 100 mph up to 2 seconds faster than the standard 35i's, and it certainly feels it.

Cool. Is yours an N55 engine or N54?

N54. I think.:roflmao:

Edited to add: Yes, it is, cos the N55 remaps are entirely different if memory serves me right. Yours will have the N54 engine in it too won't it? Same block I think.

N54 is the original twin turbo inline six engine and is fitted in the 1M. The N55 is the newer twin scroll single turbo inline six, I jut didn't know what was installed in the new shape Z4. The N55 develops torque slightly earlier and is a bit more frugal, but the N54 can be pushed further peak power wise with a remap and other mods.

2 seconds is massive to 100. That is comparible (almost) to a 996 vs 997 turbo . 8 vs 10 seconds.

• 3 months later...
Due for delivery February 2023 I think, just after Milo's. +++

Way out there Garcon, current build date, is a week past "Hell" experiencing a particularly cold winter, two years this November since the original car was ordered and subseqently arrived with the wrong specificatiion, who was that "Cock" that ranted on about their wunderbar "Customer Service" ???

Way out there Garcon, current build date, is a week past "Hell" experiencing a particularly cold winter, two years this November since the original car was ordered and subseqently arrived with the wrong specificatiion, who was that "Cock" that ranted on about their wunderbar "Customer Service" ???
Ouch! Yes I remember the wrong spec turning up and you cancelling, did you order another?

I've still got my Uber Golf ;) for now.

shapeimage_2.png

Riz :D

Edited by Riz

Ouch! Yes I remember the wrong spec turning up and you cancelling, did you order another?

I've still got my Uber Golf ;) for now.

shapeimage_2.png

Hi Riz hope your well mate and still enjoying the "Original" & best R32 variant.

Yep orderd another car and still awaiting a build week, although to be fair I have not bothered to enquire where the hell it is or when iys arriving after actually re ordering it, I guess that indicates my feelings onm the subject

Hi Riz hope your well mate and still enjoying the "Original" & best R32 variant.

Yep orderd another car and still awaiting a build week, although to be fair I have not bothered to enquire where the hell it is or when iys arriving after actually re ordering it, I guess that indicates my feelings onm the subject

I'm very well, not been online much due to work and off-line commitments :D

The R32 still puts a big cheesy grin on my face and its running sweet.

Its a shame you still want the RS3 ;) just bank the money and save up for a C63 AMG ;)

• 1 month later...
I'm very well, not been online much due to work and off-line commitments :D

The R32 still puts a big cheesy grin on my face and its running sweet.

Its a shame you still want the RS3 ;) just bank the money and save up for a C63 AMG ;)

Well not a bad idea, but I had heard rumours from pretty relaible sources that the new RS3 would come along early in the cycle of the new A3 platform, pretty much as happended with the A5.

News today on What car website, that may actually be the case with the new RS3 appearing spring 2014, can I wait that long?

I have waited 2 years now for the outgoing RS3 to arrive (Apparently in the UK this week, hopefully it might actually be the right spec this time)

So maybe I will just take a view and hang about another couple of years, we'll see