RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the time I took an Audi courtesy car to the BMW dealer when the S8 was in for some work and I had to collect some brake pads for my 335d. The Audi loan car was covered in adverts like 'Drive an Audi from £xxx a month today etc' got some funny looks as I parked up outside the BMW showroom.

I've just had confirmed build date week 29 (ordered in Feb) after deleting Sepang Blue for Daytona Grey in May after being told would arrive next year with Ali pack

Did you remove the Ali pack then to bring the build date forward. Audi seem to have made a monumental cock up with the way they are prioritising build weeks if that is the case.

Did you remove the Ali pack then to bring the build date forward. Audi seem to have made a monumental cock up with the way they are prioritising build weeks if that is the case.

I was told a few weeks ago that there was parts shortages, ali packs and recaros as most cars had been ordered with them and that anyone ordering with either of those options could see delays.

I have a build week of 37 and indivdual paint as well as ali pack and recaros and dont intend to change the spec as i think the car needs the ali pack to make it look remotely different to a standard sportback,

I was told a few weeks ago that there was parts shortages, ali packs and recaros as most cars had been ordered with them and that anyone ordering with either of those options could see delays.

I have a build week of 37 and indivdual paint as well as ali pack and recaros and dont intend to change the spec as i think the car needs the ali pack to make it look remotely different to a standard sportback,

I agree the ali pack is a must. I've not gone for Recaros though, not overly keen on them and with a child in tow they aren't ideal anyway. Standard seats supportive and comfy enough.

What colour have you gone for? I'm thinking Sepang Blue but still not 100% decided, I have a 2012 slot so there's not exactly any hurry!

I agree the ali pack is a must. I've not gone for Recaros though, not overly keen on them and with a child in tow they aren't ideal anyway. Standard seats supportive and comfy enough.

What colour have you gone for? I'm thinking Sepang Blue but still not 100% decided, I have a 2012 slot so there's not exactly any hurry!

Ive gone for a colour called Racing Mica, again an exclusive colour and a little darker than Sepang :)

184679_10150415410530177_612765176_17426017_1764004_n.jpg

Hmm, that's nice. Doesn't help that it's difficult to see all, even a portion of, the options on real cars. The colour swatches aren't a great help.

I agree, i ordered this blind after Martyn @ Bath Audi convinced me it was a great colour :)

I then managed to see an RS6 in the flesh and i was sold :)

Just wish the thing was here

Hi Ash...did you get my PM?

My car is due Q2 2012, not changing anything on the spec to get it early but having seen the first cars, I really don't like the finish of the steering wheel, pimply finish whereas I'd like the S3 and A1 smooth finish so I'm gonna see if they can change it. Sunroof is a no go as it changes the emissions tax banding believe it or not. Pah!!!

Any news on yours?

My car is due Q2 2012, not changing anything on the spec to get it early but having seen the first cars, I really don't like the finish of the steering wheel, pimply finish whereas I'd like the S3 and A1 smooth finish so I'm gonna see if they can change it. Sunroof is a no go as it changes the emissions tax banding believe it or not. Pah!!!

Any news on yours?

I assume a Glass panoramic sun-roof=more weight=more fuel=higher CO2......but I seem to recall reading that when calculating the official CO2 figuers for a given model it must be tested with every available option fitted.....So it seems a bit strange that a sun-roof equipped car has a higher tax banding than a car without a sunroof....As the official test would have been done with a fully loaded(every box ticked) car.

That`s why specific eco models cannot be specced with certain options....ie options which will significantly impact on fuel economy....such as bigger/wider wheels or a heavy panoramic sun roof.

Edited by Mr Man
sp

I assume a Glass panoramic sun-roof=more weight=more fuel=higher CO2......but I seem to recall reading that when calculating the official CO2 figuers for a given model it must be tested with every available option fitted.....So it seems a bit strange that a sun-roof equipped car has a higher tax banding than a car without a sunroof....As the official test would have been done with a fully loaded(every box ticked) car.

That`s why specific eco models cannot be specced with certain options....ie options which will significantly impact on fuel economy....such as bigger/wider wheels or a heavy panoramic sun roof.

Well that's Audi's official reply to me....The Q7 with the panaramic roof was the one they quoted too..but I'm gonna pursue it some more...+++

Any news on yours?

PM sent Wayne, apologies only just picked up your messsage.

Riz, no you can't is the official line, but european versions seem to be able to spec RS3's with a sunroof, so why can't we? I'm gonna do some more digging on Monday.:grin:

Hi...I`am not sure what colour car you`v specced...but the panoramic sun-roof on the Sportback looks ace...especially on silver or white cars....and I`am sure the same could be said for Suzuka grey...IMO it makes the car look longer and sleeker....So it`s not only practical but improves the aesthetics as well....It does seem a bit strange if you can`t spec it for UK RS3`s....as I`v seen a number of higher spec Sportbacks with a Panoramic roof...so Audi must be aware this option has some appeal in the UK....especially with punters who are buying the more expensive A3 sportback derivatives.