Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy2shots

Boxing Haye V Klitschko and box office.

168 posts in this topic

Very good and nice to see they have a sense of humour!!

I am looking forward to the Tyson Fury fight next week.

I followed his progress, since his cousins mentioned him some years ago at the gym. And he lived round the corner from me then.

They are certainly a hard family.

Hopefully it will be better than the Haye / klit fight!

"Hard" or "Rough as it comes"? :roflmao:

I'm not looking forward to the fight because both of them will get hammered by Klitschko.

Fury should be good, but he just isn't. His conditioning is dreadful and his fight with McDermott was possibly the worst British heavyweight match in history. I'd have banned both from the sport after that show because it so damned pointless.

Chisora is a bit of a chump, but I'd like to see him floor Fury. I just don't like the guy because he's got the size, height and punch - but he's clearly not committed enough.

p.s. Did anyone else watch Nicky Cook collapse with the prolapsed disc in his fight with Ricky Burns? He clearly shouldn't have been in the ring and if I'd paid to watch him hit the deck after 6 seconds I wouldn't be happy. Mind you, Kevin Mitchell put on a fabulous fight with John Murray and I'd like to see him given a second shot at a title. I like Mitchell, he's got guts - but I still think Katsidis would batter him again.

Edited by MrMe

I was pretty disappointed billy. With the exception of Mitchell v Murray I thought the other fights were very droll. Tony Bellew doesn't have what it takes and I thought McKenzie could have floored him if he'd tried for all the rounds instead of just the last two.

If Burns gets the fight he wants against Fana then I don't think it's much of a belt to go for. Fana won it as a vacant title and it'd be his first defence. His past opponent list is pretty unimpressive too.

What he should try and do, in my opinion, is go for Uchiyama (WBA) because he's defended his belt 4 times and is clearly the division leader. Or he could try Takahiro Aoh, the WBC belt holder. The thing is though, the whole division is a rather sparse in talent. I struggle to get excited about scraps at Super Featherweight at the best of times, but when Ricky Burns is being touted as someone who might unify the belts then I think it really speaks volumes about how poor it is (because I think he's average and not much more).

Without doubt the Mitchell v Murray saved the night. That fight alone made it enjoyable for me. A real good scrap that's been missing from the last few fights I've seen.

Hope Chisora gets floored next week.

Ah, we'll be on opposite sides on that one then. I'm hoping Fury gets shown to be the chump I think he is.

Mind you, Chisora is a chump too. Just not as big a chump as Fury.

I am looking forward to the Tyson Fury fight next week.

I followed his progress, since his cousins mentioned him some years ago at the gym. And he lived round the corner from me then.

They are certainly a hard family.

Hopefully it will be better than the Haye / klit fight!

Well that was actually a decent fight considering.

I don't think either is in world title shape - but fury showed he has got a chin.

I thought he did really well for his age.

I still think he's a chump.

I hope David Haye gives him a shot. It would be a massacre and it wouldn't be Haye on the canvas.

I watched the fight from about round 4 on and was shocked at the difference in class between this and world title fights, the amount of punches Fury was landing and not actually putting Chisora down, is Chisora quite solid or are Fury's punches very (relatively speaking) weak?

Then they were going on about all of the conditioning he'd been doing and all I saw was a slightly pudgy tall bloke in the ring.

And the goading between them both and playing up to the crowd was pathetic, I was really wanting one of them to place an anvil on the chin of the other whilst they had their hands up waving to the crowd.

I guess with a decent trainer to a) get him into shape b) teach him some technique and c) get his mindset right he would be quite a decent boxer but from that one fight I saw I agree with the chump comment +++

That's why I always giggle to myself when people slate the Klit brothers. Haye apart, these two are the best we have to offer the world. Fury likes the party lifestyle too much and I doubt his dedication to the sport. Chisora could have faced Wlad Klit on two occasions but thankfully we were spared that embarrassment (only to see Haye suck). There is a good chance fury will now have a shot at one of the brothers...gulp.

Fury won't be flighting the Klitschko's, not for a long time yet anyway.

He has already said he wants to fight for the Irish title.:roflmao:

Then he wants to fight for the European, which to be fair would be the right way to go about things.

I still think he's a chump though and I'll still slate the Klitschko's. Just because these two chumps are awful doesn't mean we should laud the Klits. Wladimir performed his best against Haye. Haye was shockingly bad. That doesn't make Wlad a great though - he's still a boring, monotone fighter who, if I had my way, wouldn't make it into the Hall of Fame. Vitali might, just, but it'd be just.

Just because the opposition is **** doesn't mean the champions are wonderful.

I watched the fight and to be honest I thought it was comedy boxing. A bit like saturday afternoon wrestling when it was on world of sport. Laughing, mucking about, raising your arms every two mins. It was embarresing at times. You'd think with ch5 coverage that they would be a bit more professional to set out their stall. It wasn't a good advert.

Just because the opposition is **** doesn't mean the champions are wonderful.

Says the ManYoo fan...

:bike: