Colour for RS3 is this Ibis White or Suzuka Grey

SpiderMacK

Folks,

A bit of help wd be appreciated -

I've orderd a Daytona grey RS3 however due to possible delivery probs with this colour I might change to Ibis White or Suzuka Grey . Also I understand that if I changed to say Suzuka Grey I would save £510 and if I changed to Ibis White I would save 2 x £510 = £1020.

Do you reckon the RS3's in these vids are Ibis White or Suzuka Grey ?

I had a Ibis White TTS however have never seen a Suzuka grey car in the flesh (well metal) but it seems like a white colour.

Personally i'd be hanging out for the colour I actually want, I also think given how Audi seem to be trying to steer people towards certain colours they actually have, that people who wait for a different colour, will do better cone resale time, as all the others will be the same colour.

Not that I'd wait for a pimped up old shape A3.

Many thanks for thoughts folks - The Ibis White I would save £1020 - thats tempting - will keep you posted :-)

Both cars are Suzuka Grey, test cars at MC were Red and Suzuka..............I ordered Suzuka as I like it a lot, and also everyone appeared to be odering DG & PB, now it appears i will not be so rare, add in I will be paying the full whack for mine,and anybody now changing colour gets a refund FFS! I am going to speak to stealer and insist I get a feckin refund based on the ridiculous lead time currently being quoted, well worth a try and £510 is a few bob.

Hi spidermack,

Have you been informed that changing colour will reduce lead time. My dealer contacted the R8 team last week and confirmed that me changing from dayton a grey to ibis White would not alter my build slot of week 49.

Surely by the time they come to manufacture towards the end of this year the paint supply issue will be long gone?

Well the gist in my dealer email was that the Audi bulletin might not affect me as my car was ordered with a 1st March 2012 delivery date (as requested by me). Hopefully by the time my car is being made the supply of the Xirallic paint pigment will be OK. That said my dealer added that if I there another colour which I might take it might be a safer option. I think he heading down the line if the delay in supply of this pigmentation developed.I.E. they still couldnt get it so it developed into a into a discontinuation of a colour.

Hi spidermack,

Have you been informed that changing colour will reduce lead time. My dealer contacted the R8 team last week and confirmed that me changing from dayton a grey to ibis White would not alter my build slot of week 49.

Surely by the time they come to manufacture towards the end of this year the paint supply issue will be long gone?

Edited by SpiderMacK

Hi it was down to this Audi bulletin which my dealer recived -

Production constraints

AU0401-11

Because of the natural disaster in Japan, the entire industry is experiencing uncertainty in supply of parts, components and raw materials.

Audi AG has sent us the following information about affected options. We have already put in place support for customer orders that may be affected.

Paint colours

There are supply problems with a paint pigment called ‘Xirallic’, which is used to produce a number of metallic and pearl-effect paints.

In individual cases therefore, there will be a delay in the production for these colours until at least week 36, and lead times for vehicles ordered in these colours are likely to extend further.

For this reason, please check your current scheduled build weeks for orders in these colours if necessary inform your customer of the potential delay and propose an alternative paint finish. This is not limited to the suggested alternative paint colours in the table below.

Customer support

Where the customer changes paint colour from a ‘Xirallic’ paint finish to a non ‘Xirallic’ colour, we will refund the price of optional paint.

Where a customer changes from an ‘Xirallic’ to a standard colour, as well as achieving a saving on the cost of optional paint, the customer will also be entitled to an additional discount equivalent to the cost of optional paint.

We will identify all relevant customer orders in the system as at the end of business on Friday 6 May. These orders will be priced at zero value unless the paint colour is changed to a non ‘Xirallic’ colour at which point it will be re-valued with a discount equal to the retail price of optional paint for that particular model. Please note that it will not be possible to amend orders to Audi exclusive colours as this will result in further extended lead times.

This support will not be available for stock, showroom or demo vehicles so these should be changed to non ‘Xirallic’ colour as soon as possible by the Centre.

Note: When changing the exterior colour please check the colour combination with the selected interior colour and trims.

For new orders please be aware that there will be no support o these ‘Xirallic’ paint colours and customer should be advised of the likelihood of further delivery lead times extension, and encouraged to select an non ‘Xirallic’ colour

Hi it was down to this Audi bulletin which my dealer recived -

Production constraints

AU0401-11

Because of the natural disaster in Japan, the entire industry is experiencing uncertainty in supply of parts, components and raw materials.

Audi AG has sent us the following information about affected options. We have already put in place support for customer orders that may be affected.

Paint colours

There are supply problems with a paint pigment called ‘Xirallic’, which is used to produce a number of metallic and pearl-effect paints.

In individual cases therefore, there will be a delay in the production for these colours until at least week 36, and lead times for vehicles ordered in these colours are likely to extend further.

For this reason, please check your current scheduled build weeks for orders in these colours if necessary inform your customer of the potential delay and propose an alternative paint finish. This is not limited to the suggested alternative paint colours in the table below.

Customer support

Where the customer changes paint colour from a ‘Xirallic’ paint finish to a non ‘Xirallic’ colour, we will refund the price of optional paint.

Where a customer changes from an ‘Xirallic’ to a standard colour, as well as achieving a saving on the cost of optional paint, the customer will also be entitled to an additional discount equivalent to the cost of optional paint.

We will identify all relevant customer orders in the system as at the end of business on Friday 6 May. These orders will be priced at zero value unless the paint colour is changed to a non ‘Xirallic’ colour at which point it will be re-valued with a discount equal to the retail price of optional paint for that particular model. Please note that it will not be possible to amend orders to Audi exclusive colours as this will result in further extended lead times.

This support will not be available for stock, showroom or demo vehicles so these should be changed to non ‘Xirallic’ colour as soon as possible by the Centre.

Note: When changing the exterior colour please check the colour combination with the selected interior colour and trims.

For new orders please be aware that there will be no support o these ‘Xirallic’ paint colours and customer should be advised of the likelihood of further delivery lead times extension, and encouraged to select an non ‘Xirallic’ colour

The way I would Interpret that is if you have a Up charged colour you won’t pay the extra £510 so List Price would Apply to the Car but if you had Ibis you would get a £510 Discount (I Suppose in your Case if you went for White you would save £1010 on your original Price but still only £510 off list)

Yeah thats correct :-)

The way I would Interpret that is if you have a Up charged colour you won’t pay the extra £510 so List Price would Apply to the Car but if you had Ibis you would get a £510 Discount (I Suppose in your Case if you went for White you would save £1010 on your original Price but still only £510 off list)