Door lights

LeeST

You don't say which platform your car is, however if it is a C6 (most recent but just being replaced) platform then you only got door lights if you specified the Lighting pack option. You can easily tell if you have this option by checking if there are lights under the front seats to light the rear passenger footwells and also lights under the rear doors to light the road when you step out, the Lighting Package included other bits as well, but these are the easiest to check. Front puddle and footwell lights were standard.

Yes its the C6.

I am guessing the lights are there as the little red holders are there (Lights when you open doors i am talking about) all the interior lighting works including footwells etc.

But none of the 4 doors light up, even at night?

On my 2010 C6 Avant they are what Audi calls "Passive" reflectors - ie they do not light up and are nothing more than reflectors. I suspect that may be the case on your car as well. Do you have lights under the door mirrors that come on when you unlock the car and also under the rear doors to light puddles (front door puddle lights are standard)? If not then you do not have the Light Package and they will be Passive reflectors. If you do then you probably have the Light Package and there is possibly a fault. I think another pointer is whether the red bits have screws so you can get to the bulb. No screw = no bulb

On my 2010 C6 Avant they are what Audi calls "Passive" reflectors - ie they do not light up and are nothing more than reflectors. I suspect that may be the case on your car as well. Do you have lights under the door mirrors that come on when you unlock the car and also under the rear doors to light puddles (front door puddle lights are standard)? If not then you do not have the Light Package and they will be Passive reflectors. If you do then you probably have the Light Package and there is possibly a fault. I think another pointer is whether the red bits have screws so you can get to the bulb. No screw = no bulb

Yep spot on they are reflectors - What a con!!

My 2001 A4 had them as lights but the 2005 A6 doesnt?

Joke!

Yep spot on they are reflectors - What a con!!

My 2001 A4 had them as lights but the 2005 A6 doesnt?

Joke!

Change was made with the move from the C5 to C6 platform and one that then permeated across the whole range so, as CarMad says, in some cases you need to specify the pack just to get illuminated mirrors, and on the A4 at least a light in the glovebox