Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malagus

Who will go where?

437 posts in this topic

So what's the opinion on Tevez is he likely to come back or not? From what I've read here everyone seems to think that's him done and he's off but the bookies odds don't completely back that up currently the odds on him moving are about 1.66 which I take as them thinking he'll probably move but aren't really sure.

With a bit of luck he'll be kidnapped while he's in Argentina and never be heard from again.

City won't see him again and I don't understand their blind faith and aren't going to get back into that.

I don't see Rooney as a god and have never intimated that. If Nasri were to join United it's a very different situation to Tevez and everyone knows that.

Personally I think it is more likely to be Modric now.

I see McClaren is back in England with Forest (for all he's a dick I think that's a good appointment) and Billy Davies lack of communication skills and his problem with the Chairman seem to have been his undoing.

McLeish has resigned and is tipped to be off to Aston Villa - that'd be something controversial to say the least!

If anything, the manager merry-go-round is more fascinating than the player one at the moment.

Turkey are not going to let Hiddink go cheaply, and I think that appointment is far from certain. I'm still none the wiser who'll turn up at Villa - it'll be civil war in Brum if it's McLeish! I now have even more respect for Martinez - it's just a shame he's staying loyal to a club I despise.

I'm no great fan of McLaren, but perhaps a return to the UK in the Championship is no bad thing - not quite the media glare of the Premiership.

I'm beginning to wonder if Martinez has lost grip with reality.

Loyalty is one thing, and I agree he is to be applauded for it. However, staying at a club that survived on the last day, has no money, has no signs of any to come? Or, go to a very big Midlands club with money to spend and who can't really do anything but improve? Whelan must have dodgy pictures of him.

I think Schteve will do well at Forest. He's a reasonable club manager and there aren't many can say they won a clubs first every major trophy (Middlesbrough), took them to the final of the UEFA Cup, won the Dutch league with a club that had never won it before and got the Dutch manager of the year prize. Boro fans don't remember him fondly because of the way he left and the prize prat he then made of himself, and Wolfsburg were always set to go into decline when you look at the players they lost - not to mention the fact I just think that was a really bad decision on his part.

England was just way too big a job for him and he made the suicidal mistake of trying to be big and clever by dropping Beckham when he clearly still had a lot to offer.

I haven't mentioned United because I think his part in the Treble was overplayed. He was only there half a season in 1999. He also left in a similar way to Kidd and seemed to think that a couple of years under the tuition of the Master was enough to become the Master himself. Gibson seems to have more sense.

I was rather hoping Martinez went to Villa and Holloway went to Wigan. I just want to see him back in the Premiership.

Tervez has 'just' (last week) rented a £16k a month gaff just outside Manchester.....

Not sure why you think HIddink's appointment isn't nailed on - Turkish FA have already publically stated they are resigned to losing him and are waiting for the compensation.

Makes a bit of a mockery of his refusing previously on the basis that he never breaks a contract etc.

I think there is more to the Villa job than meets the eye - I understand Martinez didn't even go and have a look.

I do wonder if it is all a bit of a charade and they are playing public games to divert attention away from unveilign Sparky on 1st July after his notice period is up.

Bit miffed with united so far. They've got phil jones a year before they wanted him by all accounts - pushed into it by interest from elsewhere. United don't really need him, but he's a good one for the future. As for ashley young, he's going to be a squad player IMO. YAWN. Can we please tie up a deal for a keeper and a creative centre mid soon?

I don't see Young as a squad player at all. He's a quality player who I think we slot straight into the first team.

Massimo Moratti has confirmed Inter Milan have now received formal bids for Wesley Sneijder from both Chelsea and Manchester United.

Inter are now seeking a replacement before they decide on accepting a bid. They're looking at Fabregas, Montolivo and Gaston Ramirez.

I don't see any need to rush for United. The US tour doesn't kick off for almost a month and as long as they have their creative midfielder and keeper by then, there's no real urgency required. De Gea is going to sign anyway, there is little more certain.

how would you set united up with young?

I think one of sneijder, sanchez, modric or nasri will do nicely, but would like to see some genuine movement. Everyone seems to be waiting to find replacements for everyone else at the moment.

I'm always a little concerned about de gea because I think his agent's a bit of a prick, but I do think he will be unveiled early July.

Would LOVE to see schweinsteiger make his way to united but that's a pipe dream of mine as usual.

Interesting quote from Sanchez himself this morning, and one that has thrown the newspapers into disarray...

"Manchester United has been my dream for all my life and would be my first choice. I want to play for United."

Gill met with Udinese yesterday apparently. Today Juventus are meeting with them. This is going to get very messy and if it comes down to player decision then United sound favourites, but why do I suspect that isn't going to be the case with agents involved and City offering £27m+ apparently...

Maybe they'll just drive him into Manchester and give him contracts with the City bit covered up and hope he doesn't notice :)

Imho United only need one of Sanchez or Young, not both. Unless they are planning a shock exit for Nanni, Valencia or Park which I doubt very much. If they sign that creative midfielder they need it would be a great closed season for them.

By the end I can se De Gea, Jones, Young and that creative link. United should do what they do best and buy a raw talented player that has bags of potential but is not world class yet. Players that spring to mind such as Pastore from Palermo or Paulo Henrique (Ganso) from Santos. It would be a mistake to spend 30million on Sneider imho.

Of course United could play Hernandez up top on his own with Aml Young, Amc, Rooney, Amr Valencia (sanchez,Nanni) that would leave 2 more defensive Cm.

Looks like Arsenal are in pole position to sign Gervinho. This guy is a class winger/striker and has been in the shadow of Drogba for a few years for Ivory Coast.

Maybe they'll just drive him into Manchester and give him contracts with the City bit covered up and hope he doesn't notice :)

What, like they did with Robinho? :roflmao:

Robinho must be up there for the prize of thickest footballer of the last 10 years.

He has admitted he didn't realise it was Man City he was signing for, but how on earth could he manage to think otherwise? It's staggering. That episode of him getting on the bus with his girlfriend too. Bizarre!

He's said that? :roflmao:

What's the bus incident?

He's said that? :roflmao:

What's the bus incident?

Yes, he thought he'd signed for Chelsea.

In a broadcast press session he said "On the last day Chelsea made me a great offer and I accepted it."

He was corrected by a reporter who said "You mean Manchester City?" and Robinho had to consult his agent and then said "Oh yes, sorry". He was then asked two questions about Manchester as a football club and he said "Yes, they're a great team, we've all seen them in the Champions League" and he had to be corrected again and told it wasn't United.

It wasn't City's fault, the guy was just a total arse and his former employers even said he wasn't really interested in football.

The bus incident is famous. He took his girlfriend shopping into the City Centre - on the bus. He didn't know where to get a taxi, didn't think about asking anyone, so he just jumped on a bus with her and was surprised when photographers appeared and everyone sat staring at them wondering what was happening.:roflmao:

Lots happening at United now.

De Gea has said he would love to join United and it is now up to Atletico.

Modric has said he would be open to an offer to join United if Spurs wish to sell him.

Lens have accepted a £9.2m bid from United for defender Rafael Varane.

Udinese have told United that they are the club Sanchez wishes to join and that they must bid £27m to match City's offer if they want him now.

Jones to Man United for £15m that's a good signing but a big price.

However, it's nothing compared to Liverpool forking out £20m with David Ngog to Sunderland for Jordan "I've been crap for 6 months and Sunderland can't believe how much they've got for me" Henderson.

You are having a laugh with that comment how much did you pay for Anderson Poo...Carrick Pooher..Hargreaves ...And before you say it carrick has won this and that henderson cost less than carrick and in my opinion henderson is better than carrick when carrick was younger so go and whistle dandy with your transfer fee.. So west ham well had whisky noses pants down when you bought Carrick

Edited by sportsman
spelling

not sure west ham had that much to do with it seeing as united bought him from spurs #imjustsaying

You are having a laugh with that comment how much did you pay for Anderson Poo...Carrick Pooher..Hargreaves ...And before you say it carrick has won this and that henderson cost less than carrick and in my opinion henderson is better than carrick when carrick was younger so go and whistle dandy with your transfer fee.. So west ham well had whisky noses pants down when you bought Carrick

United bought Carrick from Tottenham, you thick curly haired cnut.

And if we're going to do a little transfer history, how about Joe Cole, Voronin, Morientes, Kromkamp, Leto, Pennant, Insua, Riera, Johnson, Aquilani....

:roflmao:

Hello Sportsman! Yet again you've been notable by your absence this season! I can't imagine why.:roflmao:

I've got a number for you.

Guess what it is? :grin:

United bought Carrick from Tottenham, you thick curly haired cnut.

And if we're going to do a little transfer history, how about Joe Cole, Voronin, Morientes, Kromkamp, Leto, Pennant, Insua, Riera, Johnson, Aquilani....

:roflmao:

WAS TALKING ABOUT MIDFIELDERS AND COMPARING COSTS OF HENDERSON AGAINST THE UTD RECENT BUYS IN MIDFIELD.FERGUSON RAFA MAUREEN HAVE ALL HAD BAD BUYS THE LIST IS ENDLESS,THE COST OF HENDERSON IS AVAERAGE IN REPLY TO MR ME'S COMMENT HIM NOT BEING VERY GOOD...AND GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH you thick curly haired cnut.