Who will go where?

malagus

The general censensus is he'd fetch around £50m if we were talking, Chelsea- Man Utd- Man City.

Since Arsenal won't want him playing in the PL, maybe he should be sold to Real Madrid for £45m or so.

The way I see it contracts are worth nothing, but clubs have forgotten that there's a two way street. So the player wants out, he wants to go inside contract, so let him go- and let him go to any non PL club that will pay the correct price. If barca aren't happy with the cost, then drop them from the list of suitors and find a club that will.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my point - their deal isn't cash up front and that's why:

a) I find the fact Udinese accepted at least £5m less than City and United offered amazing

b) they might not even get £22m

The deal is based on half up front and the other half based on appearances over so many seasons.

Barca will finance the Fabregas deal okay and that's why they've done this. They'll end up with their two main targets without it straining them too much. Whilst they're in financial crap it's another situation like Real Madrid - is doesn't matter how much money they owe people, someone in Spain (be it the government or whomever) always ends up baling them out.

With City splashing so much cash, Mancini had better come up iwth the goods at the end of the season. He could be (and I think will be) under a huge amount of pressure from the Board/fans, and huge pressures to play these bods (from the players), but if he uses the 'squad rotation' system with bench warmers, those not playing might be a tad upset.

I expect to read a few '*** upset at City' headlines with public spats

I'm still convinced they've got the wrong manager up there, not sure who'd be best suited for them, I suspect the fans (Billy2Shots will correct me if wrong) would prefer someone with an attacking mind to make the most of the players they've already got. I find it odd with all the money that they've spent on defenders by a defensive minded manager that the defenders they have got aren't of a higher calibre. They're decent enough players but not right at the top, Toure and Lescott are the first two that jump to mind.

Maybe it's the English mentality of wanting a big lump of a centre half to just whack it clear that clouds my judgement.

I can only speak for myself stooh, yes I would like a little more of an attacking mentality. Don't get me wrong though success is more important than flair. FA cup and 3rd last year makes me happy enough. Just look at Real and Arsenal and its clear style and flair doesn't bring home the trophies. Barca of course are the exception to every rule ever written.

Cruiser what's all this cash we have been spending? It's news to me. If anything we have turned into a selling club judging by the players leaving. Liverpool have spent big and Utd are buying their way to the title again lol.

Hmm. I wonder if Maradona will come to watch him? I bet he does.

That'll be fun to watch, seeing City welcome him and no doubt let him strut his stuff on the pitch in a big duffel coat and scarf in the middle of August.:roflmao:

I'll admit I'm concerned we don't seem to be getting our creative midfielder. I understand what SAF is saying but I still think it could prove costly. I guess we just have to trust in the great mans judgement again.

I'll admit I'm concerned we don't seem to be getting our creative midfielder. I understand what SAF is saying but I still think it could prove costly. I guess we just have to trust in the great mans judgement again.

Haven't you seen? :grin: You're getting Sneijder again :yawn: Manchester United plan one last push for Wesley Sneijder - Telegraph

It's easy being a football journalist isn't it? You just write whatever you want and copy what you wrote last week or whatever anyone else writes :rolleyes:

They're looking for a new national coach now anyway. It was good to see Uruguay win recently and Forlan and Suarez could probably vie for the title of best striking duo on the world scene right now. Together they seem to work perfectly.

I think the Argentina problem is quite simple - they just don't know how to play Messi. They could do worse than to offer Guardiola the job. He'd probably win the World Cup for them - in Brazil - and that'd mnake him quite popular in Argentina...

That's a very good point. There doesn't seem to be much affinity between Messi and the rest of the Argentine national squad. Who cares anyway, the longer they suffer the better.

I'd quite like to see Gabriel Batistuta given the job - because I can't stand the man and it'd be nice to see him fired.:roflmao: