Start an Audi without the keys?

craigyb

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've recently had my 2010 A4 stolen off my drive. I have both the keys so have no idea how it was taken. It was there @ 8pm Saturday evening, but gone the next morning when I went to leave the house @ 9am.

The police found the vehicle abandoned with a fair bit of damage (£2.5k), it is with the garage for repair but today I got a shock call, the garage phoned to advise that my insurers have told them that my claim is on hold and as a result the garage wants their courtesy car back! I called my insurers who advised that my claim has been passed by their engineering department to their assessors as they are questioning how the car was stolen without keys - I'm now a little worried as I have absolutely no idea how it was taken and feel like my insurers are questioning my honesty.

Anybody know how it may have been taken, or had a similar experience with insurance?

Not sure apart from people opening the doors and wheeling the car away? Then putting it on a low-loader. Although the alarm should have been going off.

So not sure really. I don't think any of us are in the 'wrong circles' enough to know for sure!

However, I am sure you have heard of or seen the BMW's being stolen by people with 'spare keys' and a programming device.

It may have been mentioned in above posts, but modern Audis with keyless can have this function disabled in the MMI so you have to press a button for the car to unlock, you don't need vagcom to do this, I am told its in the menu system. First thing I would do if I bought one