[Audi A3/S3] A3 Burning Oil and misfiring - New Cylinder Head Quote £1000 - Help?!

MelB83

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site and after a bit of help...

Only had my Audi for about a year although a 53 reg (1.6 Petrol). Had lots of issues so far including temp sensor which after several fixes turned out to be a split wire in the collant res not the sensor.

The latest is its tendancy to burn excess oil about a litre per 300 miles and the plugs appear to be clogging up with oil, it has now started misfiring big time and blowing smoke on start up.

Audi dealer changed leads and coil pack plus plugs and it appeared ok for a month, it now appears to be worse than ever.

They have now quoted me £515 to take head off and £89 to pressure test it. The £515 includes a new gasket and cam belt as apparently these will need changing to fit the head back on. They have then quoted another £520 for a new head if needed - So about £1220 ish.

If it isn't the head it could be the stem seals which they have quoted at £694.00. What I don't want to do is pay for either if it doesn't sort out the issue.

A) Has anybody had a similar issue and sorted it...

B) Do these quotes bearing in mind they are dealer prices.

I feel I must add that there is no mayo in the oil cap so don't think it is gasket alone.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks