Q5 Ownership

SiT

Hi Guy's

I used to be a member of this forum some years back in my R32 days so it’s been long while..

I'm looking to buy a Q5 2.0 Tdi SE in either the 140 or 170 guises. I'm so far not interested in the S-Line models, the looks and possible ride are an issue for me; the SE with some options like nav, BO and parking would suit what we’re looking for.

I've booked a test drive for next week at my local Audi dealership & looking forward it. It will be my first experience of owing this type of vehicle, boy racer at heart owning GTs, GTI's, R32, C-Class coupe (terrible) and current S3 8P.

Does anyone have any real life ownership offerings to share, cost of ownership ... fuel costs, known issues, etc. would be appreciated..?

Many thanks

Si

• 2 months later...

I'm just coming down from a 4.2tdi Q7 to the 3.0tdi Q5.. so when it arrives I will let you know how i get on.

I will miss the air suspension from the Q7 because it really is magic carpet stuff, but I've had it three years now, which for me is an eternity.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate, pretty faultless.. the only issue I would have with it is the tyres... I have to have a new set every 12 months (at least) which sets you back around £1200. But I've loved the car, in every aspect.. I am addicted to torque.

Why not another Q7?.. it's size really. We only carry 7 up on a few times a year, so really don't need the seats anymore. I dropped down the the 3.0litre tdi so that should save a few quid on diesel, as the Q7 is now £120 per fill up. The Q5 is also lighter so there shouldn't be any huge drop off in performance terms. I have tricked up the Q5 so they toys should all be the same. The only thing I didn't re-spec was the panoramic sun roof.. we never use it in the Q7!

I've not got the Q5 yet, still have another couple of months to wait.. enjoying the Q7 still for now!