A6 mass air flow on 4.2 V8 non turbo

drumstick

icon1.png A6 mass air flow

hi all, just had a diagnostic on my 1999 A6 4.2 quattro after suffering loss of power, for a second or so, under heavy acceleration. its telling me i have a fault with the MAF. have had the faults reset and will see in a week or so if they reoccur. if they do, do any of you know where the best place to get one is and how easy or difficult is it to fit one.

thanks in advance. :grin::grin::grin:mat:grin::grin::grin:

icon1.png A6 mass air flow

hi all, just had a diagnostic on my 1999 A6 4.2 quattro after suffering loss of power, for a second or so, under heavy acceleration. its telling me i have a fault with the MAF. have had the faults reset and will see in a week or so if they reoccur. if they do, do any of you know where the best place to get one is and how easy or difficult is it to fit one.

thanks in advance. :grin::grin::grin:mat:grin::grin::grin:

These things are a piece of piss to replace. Just after the air filter housing between the air filter box and engine, you'll see it with a connector cable. 2 big screws to unscrew it from the air fileter housing, and loosen the jubilee clip. Undo the cable and that's it.

In the words of Haynes, refitting is a reversal of removal!

This place will have them. Murrays of Hatfield - do a Yahoo/Google search and you'll find them. They can do it on exchange and will only supply a proper Bosch one! Accept no substitutes. This is vitally important!