Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg66

S8 2008 facelight - handling changes?

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if any of you knowledgeable types know the answer to this.

When the D3 S8 was launched, it had the T2 Torsen differential that gave a 50/50 default split between the front and rear wheels.

When it had its 2008 facelift, it got the T3 Torsen that gave a 60R/40F split.

I can't find any road tests or reviews of a facelifted S8 - the ones I can find are launch reviews.

Does any know, or is anyone able to speculate on an informed basis as to the handling differences between a T2 and a T3 equipped S8?

I think you'd only notice a difference near the limit. It would be slightly less prone to understeer when pushed hard, but also more prone to oversteer.

Agree with PsYcHe -Mne's a 2007 one, but before i bought it I tried out 2008 and 2009 models and i couldn't tell any difference in handling -perhaps,as has been said, it shows if you're really on the edge, but, trust me, there's no roads ,in the U.K. that you could go fast enough,. not legally anyway, that you'd get anywhere near the limit .

Thread resurrection.

Thanks for the replies above. V reassuring.

I have also read that the facelift models got some cabin noise reduction stuff - nothing fancy like white noise generators - just more padding, by the sound of it. Can anyone comment on whether the changes are noticeable to normal ears?

I've seen £700 bandied around as the price to install the FL lights on a pre FL car. Anyone confirm, and/or suggest a price to upgrade the front spoiler with the rectangular fogs?

TIA