Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

Audi RS3 Sportback v BMW 1 Series M Coupe Drag Race

14 posts in this topic

A video for both the RS3 and 1 M fanboys!

Irrelevant test? Auto v Manual. The true test when buying these cars is which would you rather own? Personally, I'd take the 1M any day.

Quite surprised at that result given the TG review of the 1M last week.

Would like to see them both around a track too.

Boring sounding bod.

I wouldn't have either of them. Prefer the RS3 though.

Its funny that some mags here in the UK do these drag races now. Britian is probably home to some the worlds slowest cars (looking at the paperwork atleast) and the mags never did test how quick they were really.

In the US real time drag figures were avalible for most tested cars.

I like the BMW, but if i was buying it would have to be the Audi. More doors, gearbox for everyday use, less cocky looks and most of all when the lights turn green it looks like it would be the winner.

Without detracting from the fact the RS3 is undoubtedly a quick car, do you not think the fact the 1M is only 0.3 of a second behind it to 60, is an amazing figure for a RWD car chasing a 4WD one?

Without detracting from the fact the RS3 is undoubtedly a quick car, do you not think the fact the 1M is only 0.3 of a second behind it to 60, is an amazing figure for a RWD car chasing a 4WD one?

The RWD has more power and less weight.

However, in 'real' drivers' hands (as in normal drivers) that makes feck all difference.

In the real world, you'd beat the RS3 off the lights in just about anything with 4 wheels and an engine, as the Audi driver would too busy 'blogging' on their new 'IPhone' about how important they are to anyone who'll read it!

In the real world, you'd beat the RS3 off the lights in just about anything with 4 wheels and an engine, as the Audi driver would too busy 'blogging' on their new 'IPhone' about how important they are to anyone who'll read it!

Is this after the BMW driver has selected the correct settings for throttle control, ASR, dampers, ride control blah blah blah on the iDrive to allow 'fast take off'? :grin:

Is this after the BMW driver has selected the correct settings for throttle control, ASR, dampers, ride control blah blah blah on the iDrive to allow 'fast take off'? :grin:

If you mean he's pressed the 'M' button, then yes! :P

But Mac drives a BMW these days :grin:

Traffic light GP's were fun when I was 17. It's an irrelevant test.

I'd take the 1M any day.

Same.

But Mac drives a BMW these days :grin:

Daz is being mean to me because I wouldn't bum him.

It would have to be the RS3 and £10,000 in folding for me to take the Audi over the BM I don't care if it is faster, the 1M is an infinitely more interesting car.

Hey Tipex, you need to start posting your Audi bashing on YouTube comments pages, you would fit right in judging by the comments on this vid. :)