Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

300hp Audi Q3 RS video

7 posts in this topic

According to the folks over at Sweden’s Sportbilen, the prototype was uncovered during the European press launch of the new Audi Q3 in Zurich, Switzerland. And mind you, this wasn’t a static presentation as the media had the chance to drive the pre-production model on the road.

The high-performance Q3 is said to be fitted with a de-tuned version of the 2.5-litre turbocharged five-cylinder engine found in the RS3 hot hatch and the TT RS sports models, delivering 300-horsepower instead of 340HP. Power is transferred to all-four wheels through Audi’s quattro system and a 7-speed dual-clutch S-tronic transmission.

If you don't want to watch it all, then skip to 1m 10s.

Audi have now officially ruined the RS brand. The only one I still had some sort of passion for. :(

Ouch, that's an ugly competitor for the X1 in many, many respects. I can see why they made a ginger one - colour suits it perfectly :P

Audi have now officially ruined the RS brand. The only one I still had some sort of passion for. :(
I agree..... I think the last best true RS car was the Audi RS4 (B7).... things went downhill from then onwards.

Riz :)

Actually I'd say the latest RS6 was the final and perhaps ultimate epitomy of the true RS brand.

300hp..... woop woop poop.... you can get that HP out of a diesel and ther'll be a load more torque too. If it's actually going to be an RS (tongue securly in cheek here!) not an S-Line, it needs to have 350-400bhp in a car like a Q3.

They'll have only de-rated it for the dual-clutch transmission to cope and so it doesn't step on other models toes :rolleyes:

Yawn !

(and not one mention of a BMW being betterer... impressed huh ;) )

Every RS Audi model has had a sub 5 second 0-60 time, from the RS 2 onwards, this fat arse 300 BHP thing is surely going to ruin tradition? :P