Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ian_C

MK Meet - Wednesday 3rd August

12 posts in this topic

Wednesday 3rd August for 7:30pm at the Caldecotte Arms, Milton Keynes.

Any enthusiast welcome. Potential MK meet newbies please post below so we can look out and welcome you! Usual suspects please post your interest. Last month saw 11 attendees. Once again the meet has been opened up to both RS246 and spin-off forum Audi SRS. The two hold a joint Audi Ace Café monthly meet which has been excellent since it started this spring.

After lots of people arriving early two months ago, I’ve ditched the dinner party style 7:30pm for 8pm and just put 7:30pm. Makes sense during the summer months. After it being a particularly breezy evening in July, hopefully the weather is sunny and we get to eat outside overlooking the lake.

For any newcomers (or forgetful old timers) the Caldecotte Arms pub is by the junction of the A5 and the A4146 right next to the oddly shaped - and now smoothly resurfaced - roundabout under the A5 (great for testing your Milltek). Turn into the car park, drive down as far as the pub and then turn left towards the back. Look for the Windmill! (see below)

The Caldecotte Arms

Bletcham Way

Caldecotte

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK7 8HP

01908 366188

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

DSC_0042.sized.jpg

Can't make it, this month. Leaving for a couple of trackdays at Le Mans, this evening. :eclipse:

Enjoy!! Hope the weather is like it has just been Sat Sun Mon evening for us tomorrow. :cool:

Weather's not looking too clever at the moment, so it's not going to be the semi-slicks this year and will be running R1-R's (which all but guarantees the weather will be scorching now). :rolleyes:

You wuss - R888s were fine in November when it was about -4!

I passed by around 15:00 on my way from Leighton Buzzard to Nottingham, sorry guys way too early for me....

Great meet, thanks guys, I needed cheering up, fantastic blast home too....... GOD I love the S4.

You bunch of girls for not wanting to sit outside though!! Weather was gorgeous!!

We'd have been alright sat outside if we hadn't first spent two hours concluding your car is broken. :roflmao:

Haha. Valiant effort from Nik and Richard trying to add 'auto lock at 5 mph.'