Another to add to the growing list of tyresmoke A7's...

Newbie123

After much humming and ahhhing about my next car, I've just signed the papers on an order for a new A7.

It's the 3.0TDi Multitronic S-Line in Brilliant black with the usual S-line interior, no extras ordered but to be fair the car seems to have pretty much everything you'd want as standard anyway especially in the S-line spec. Not sure how the standard MMI Sat Nav will compare to the upgraded version you get with the tech pack that the demo version I tried had, I'm guessing it won't have 3D maps, google images etc.. but am sure it will do the job. Delivery is late September / Early October.

The reason i've not gone for any options is becuase we contract hire our cars, and by the time you start adding options, the monthly £££ starts climbing at an alarming rate. The contract hire rate is frankly unbelieveable on this car and one of the reasons I ordered as for a £45k car with the spec it has, it is a steal at £380+ vat a month and bizarrely works out nearly £50 a month less than I was paying on the A5... absolutely bonkers!

I think everyone else has the 3.0TDi Quattro, so it will be interesting to see how the non-quattro measures up, but performance wish I think it should be very similar to the 2.7Tdi mulitronic A5 I had for 3 years.

Hopefully it should look exactly like this used one I found.... Can feel those new car goose bumps starting already... great feeling!!

post-127-137914472308_thumb.jpg

post-127-137914472304_thumb.jpg

post-127-137914472311_thumb.jpg

Excellent news, glad to see the A7 community on TSN is getting larger :), did you contract hire through Audi as I think they have all sorts of deals on at the moment in order to try and get more A7s on the road. I have no regrets with getting mine, OK slightly larger than my old A4 cab but you just get use to the extra bulk and take a lot more care in a car park. I am getting use to trying to find the biggest set of parking spots furthest from the entrance to the stores ! I had mine detailed yesterday, take a look at the pics in the Cleaning section. Try not to go for the Lifeshine if Audi offers it to you as it is way over priced for the service that you get.

Now the countdown begins until you take delivery of yours :)

The Contract Hire is indeed direct with Audi with my Local Dealer. Basically I went on the contracthireandleasing website, found the lowest offers going, got a couple of quotes and took them to the dealer and said the deals there to be had if you match it....there was a lot of sucking of air between teeth.... the usual comments that the figure is an advertised rate but that they bet they can't supply a car etc etc... so once I proved I was serious and had the deal in principal and car ready to order somewhere else... they "suddenly" saw that actually that price is achieveable and matched the quotes I had to within a couple of pounds. So the order was placed with them as I'd much rather use the local dealer and feel it's only right they get first call afterall giving me the demo car etc

Yes Mr Me, The deal is 2 years, non-maintained. 10k miles per annum, which should cover me there or there abouts. Excess mileage charge is 9ppm. The advertisied offer rate by Audi dealers is £399.99per month on 8K mile per annum. So I am really pleased to have got them down on the monthly and with a higher mileage too. I reckon I'll have the cost of one service over that time frame, and probably a couple of tyres. Road tax is included for both years... not that that is a huge issue... it's apparently only £110 per year!

It really is amazing, a 3.0Tdi.... emissions are 135g/km co2... combined mpg 55.4... 0-60 7.4secs It's an absolute peach of an engine, and yes while it is only fwd, for my driving it's fine for 95% of the type of driving I do. Basically there is the 204bhp version of the engine which is fwd which I have on order, and then there's the 245bhp quattro version that Phantom has. Although having said that I have seen this week that as of now you can have the lower bhp with quattro too. Think that's why they must have had the offer on the fwd version to move stock on before they announced a cheaper quattro version which I'm sure will be very popular, as it's only £1600 more than the fwd, whereas the higher bhp quattro is £4250 more.

I've had a look at your Pic's in the cleaning section Phantom.... she looks absolutely stunning!!! Fantastic results! It will be a great feeling in the morning to open the front door and see your A7 looking as good as that on the driveway! I'm sure you must have got lots of comments about it. Thanks for the warning re the life shine, I had already turned it down as I'd remembered seeing some other comments on here about it, it's a crazy cost for what they do. I don't mind cleaning my cars to be fair, so when it arrives, I'll give it the proper treatment with the clay bar, pre-cleaner polish and then topped off with some Swissol Shield wax I have. Not sure it'll be quite as shiny as yours! think you could shave in that reflection! I had a solid brilliant black TTR about 7 years ago, and that did shine up stunningly well with a little effort so hopefully will look great. Seeing your car and the other pics has definitely reassured me about the choice of colour... had the choice of white but just felt it would be too much on the size of car. Would have loved to have had the Daytona grey, and was offered one but it was nearly 10% more per month just to have that colour due to limited availability so i just couldn't justify that increase for a colour.

Re the size... it is a big beast (but I do love the lazy powered boot lid)... and frankly given I have no family to transport and it's just me... it probably is a bit over the top, but I just love it and the deal made it irresistable. I tried a Z4... (stunning car btw Mr Me)... but being my only car .... I've been there before with a TTR and previous shape Z4... it becomes a pain in the arse if you need to transport stuff, give lifts etc, would absolutely be my choice for a second car though if I was in that situation. I tried the 2.3... so god only knows how good yours is Mr Me, great choice and deal. I tried a 520D m-sport.... brilliant car and frankly if I was choosing on same spec etc I would have ordered the BMW over anything else even if it was a little more per month... But unfortunately for BMW the A7 deal just blows them out of the water. The A7 is cheaper per month, I'm getting more bhp, and the biggest killer to them... sooo much more equipment! Xenons, full electric memory seats, Sat Nav, 19" alloys and the list goes on and on in terms of equipment. Other cars I tried.... TT, A5 Cab, new A6, Merc E250cdi coupe, and an XF. The A7 though just felt right from every aspect... one of the best interiors I've ever sat in, handles well, has everything you would ever need and more equipment wise, and as a boring old accountant... the finance meant I couldn't sign on the dot quick enough!

Edited by Newbie123

That's lower CO2 than my 2.0d Legacy. :P

At that contract hire rate, it seems a truly impressive package.

I must admit I had no idea Audi had managed to get such decent figures out of the latest 3.0TDI.

I was amazed at the progress that Audi has made from a CO2 reduction point of view. Due to the size of the A7, Audi has used aluminium on most of the exterior panels (doors, rear hatch, bonnet etc) , they decided to do away with the traditional power steering pump and drive it via an electric motor instead (this alone helped to reduce CO2s by 7 and allows them to offer auto parking assist). Then there is the stop start technology and introduction of the drive select system etc. So bit by bit they have really done an impressive job of reducing CO2s. To put it in perspective my wife's 2 year old 1.4 auto Corsa dishes out 159 and my A7 emits exactly the same. My old 3.2 V6 was at 265 so it just shows how far they have come. Having had Quattro on my previous car it was a no brainer in terms of having it on the A7 and going on the past couple of winters and the trouble that some cars had getting around I was willing to pay the extra to get Quattro.

My car is on a 4 year lease purchase scheme via Audi Finance and they gave me a great rate and I expect I will buy the car outright at the end of the lease, will see how it goes. Would like to upgrade to an S7 but would probably need shares in BP etc before upgrading to one of those :)

Great news. On the pricing etc. I think Audi have managed to confuse themselves with the A7 at the moment. The current on-line brochure is a right hotch-potch of specs and prices, mostly wrong. Configurator is not updated (just as well) so the latest Press Release is all you have to go on for spec. But yes indeed there is a 204PS TDI quattro with S-Tronic as well now and deals and finance deals to be done.

As Phantom has alluded before the dealer stock of used cars is all over the place as well. Some serious bargains if you are prepared to hunt them out. quattros with Tech Packs not listed as such etc. But mainly also a lot of SEs with silly specs (e.g. Night Vision and LED Headlights but NO Tech Pack) and silly prices (that will have to drop).

Might take a while to settle down I think, meanwhile mine arrives next month

When they launched the A7, Audi UK asked the dealers to order SE spec only as they didn't want to push SLine's too early in the model's life. So if you go onto Audi's used A7 site there is a load of SE spec A7s on there, many are way over priced by the dealers and for me they just do not do the shape of the A7 justice.

As Hashluck says, dealers have been pointing their fingers in the air when trying to spec these cars up. For example there was an identical car to mine in Reading Audi, but without the TechPack so you don't get the benefits of some of the key features of the car, ie Google satnav, online services and wifi hotspots etc. There are certain dealers that know how to spec these cars and for me Crewe (where I got mine), Stafford and Stoke Audi know how to spec these cars up and sell for a reasonable price/discount.

Im starting to see a couple more of the A7s on the road and they have awesome road presence. The design of the DRLs really adds to it and they seem really wide when you see one head on. Lovely cars and on my list for replacement when the A5 is eventually chopped in.

I still can't get on with the looks of the rear, and when there's one behind me (usually approaching at Mach 2 :P ) I can never tell whether it's an A7 or A8.

Plus, I'm now seeing quite a few new model Merc CLSs and frankly it's no contest. The CLS is gorgeous from every angle.

Then again, I'm one of the few weirdos who likes the looks of the Panamera... :uhoh:

Hashluck.... do you have a copy of the latest press release with the spec of the A7? as you say everything seems to be saying something slightly different, for example the online brouchure doesn't show AMI and the DAB radio as standard (the brouchure I have does) but they are not options either? plus the lighting pacakage which is standard in my brouchure has now disappeared too... all very odd!!

Booster, yes 15% is achieveable, when the dealer sent me the order form to sign it had the full price of the vehicle they are invoicing to Audi Finance set out, and the discount works out almost exactly to 15%.

Edited by Newbie123

• A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI 204PS available from next month in quattro all-wheel-drive form to complement the continuing front-wheel-drive model

• New A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI 204PS quattro with S tronic twin-clutch transmission - 0-62mph in 7.2 seconds, top speed 146mph, 48.7mpg combined, 152g/km CO2

• Existing A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI 204PS with multitronic CVT transmission - 0-62mph in 7.4 seconds, top speed 146mph, 55.4mpg combined, 135g/km CO2

• Newly-introduced Standard specification offered in conjunction with this engine brings attractive new front-wheel-drive entry level • OTR price of £39,995 – quattro versions from £41,675. First deliveries November.

• Three-seat rear bench now standard for all A7 Sportback models – two-seat sculpted rear bench available as a no-cost option

• Standard specification retains features including 18-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlamps, Milano leather upholstery, SD card-based satellite navigation, Audi drive select adaptive dynamics, powered tailgate, light and rain sensors

As the UK drifts inexorably towards another potentially slippery winter, Audi is bolstering the defences of its A7 Sportback range by offering quattro all-wheel-drive reassurance for more versions of the acclaimed executive class fastback. New 3.0-litre TDI quattro 204PS models will be available to order early next month to coincide with a new Standard trim level that will be available exclusively with this engine. In new Standard form the A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI will lower the range entry price to £39,995 OTR, with the new A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro just above at £41,675 OTR.

The ‘entry level’ V6 TDI engine has until now been offered only in conjunction with front-wheel-drive and the eight-speed multitronic continuously variable transmission. In this form it powers the A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI 204PS to 62mph from rest in 7.4 seconds and on to a 146mph top speed, while at the same time offering the potential for 55.4mpg fuel economy with low 135g/km CO2 emissions.

This configuration, which is now available from £39,995 OTR, will continue alongside the new quattro all-wheel-drive version. Equipped with the seven-speed S tronic twin-clutch transmission, the A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro 204PS covers the 0-62mph sprint a fraction more quickly at 7.2 seconds, matches the 146mph top speed and offers up to 48.7mpg with CO2 emissions of 152g/km. Benefit-in-kind liability for business users stands at 20% in front-wheel-drive versions and 23% for the quattros.

Uncompromising standard specification

Just as the latest A7 TDI models manage to maintain impressive economy and emissions figures in quattro form, so the new Standard specification versions of these models deliver all the key features expected of a high end premium executive car. These include 18-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lamps, Milano leather upholstery, the Multi Media Interface (MMI) with 6.5-inch colour display incorporating satellite navigation, Audi drive select adaptive dynamics, powered tailgate operation and light and rain sensors.

SE specification continues as before, and adds features such as the Audi Parking System Plus with audible and diagrammatical parking aids, cruise control, heated and electrically adjustable front seats and the Audi Music Interface iPod connection. The top rung belongs to the S line models, which upgrade further to 19-inch alloy wheels, Valcona leather upholstery, S line interior and exterior styling treatments, S line sports seats and S line sports suspension.

A new feature that will be common at all levels is the addition of a third rear three-point seatbelt which will enable the A7 Sportback to seat five adults when required. This will add a further element of practicality to the spacious interior, which can also provide up to 1,390 litres of load space when the split/folding rear seat is deployed.

Elsewhere it is business as usual for the range, which also includes a more powerful 245PS 3.0-litre TDI engine and naturally aspirated 204PS 2.8-litre or supercharged 300PS 3.0-litre petrol units, all of which are linked to quattro all-wheel-drive and S tronic transmission without exception. Innovative Audi thermal management technology, engine load-reducing electromechanical power steering, energy recuperation during coasting and braking and the engine start-stop function are also features of all models in the line-up.

Lighter than a conventional steel equivalent by 15 per cent through the use of a high proportion of aluminium, the streamlined body of the A7 Sportback is mounted on a completely new and exclusive-to-Audi platform employing advanced five link front and trapezoidal link rear suspension. This can be specified with a firmer, 10mm lower sport setting, an even more intensively handling-oriented S line configuration or an extensively revised version of the Audi adaptive air suspension system with three ride settings.

Dedicated drivers can also opt for advanced all-LED headlights, a thermal imaging camera for night vision and, for maximum benefit from the quattro system, a sport differential which can apportion torque between the rear wheels for even greater handling agility and adjustability. Options with a more business class slant include MMI Touch with its 8-inch monitor, fingertip sensitive touch pad, 3D navigation mapping and sizeable hard disk; a UMTS module with wireless WLAN link feeding the navigation system with Google Earth maps and creating a WiFi hotspot in the car for mobile internet access; and a head-up display.

The list of more indulgent luxuries includes comfort seats with heating, cooling and massaging functions, a parallel and perpendicular parking assistant, acoustic glazing, a 15-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system with 1,300 watts of power, digital TV reception and ambient LED interior lighting

See also here for summary of what SE and S-LIne adds

Audi A7 Sportback - Specifications

The on-line brochure is broken. They have adjusted the base spec for Standard but still head it as SE and have not added Standard to the pricing or any options to add items back into Standard (so as you noted AMI, DAB are missing). In brief Standard takes OUT:

AMI, DAB, Cruise, Colour DIIS, Electric Heated Memory Seats (and Mirrors), Lighting Pack, Parking System Plus

SE Spec adds all these back in. S-Line is usual S-Line fare.

Booster do those discounts apply across the board or only to certain configurations? Not too fussed as I did OK, I will just have to claw it back on the finance ;-)

Booster do those discounts apply across the board or only to certain configurations? Not too fussed as I did OK, I will just have to claw it back on the finance ;-)

Too late Hashluck, you will have to stick with the discount you have already been given :). Amazed they are discounting factory orders by that much, I can understand them doing it on existing dealer stock. Bet they won't be offering big discounts when the S7 or even RS7 come along to join the party

Tell you what...

When you look at the specs the A7 looks like one of the best value for money, if not the, in the whole of the Audi range. If people are genuinely getting 13% discount without haggling then cars around the £55k mark with high specification are going to be selling at £48k or less. Now, if you look at the BMW range, you can't compare it to the 6 series because it's entry level engines are much more powerful - but it does highlight how ridiculous expensive the 6 series is with starting prices.

Then, if you look at high spec 5 series (which I imagine isn't what they're really targeting) then you see that the A7 occupies a neat little niche of it's own - but at a very good price indeed. I can't think of any other car out there with the road presence of the A7 at sub £50k for high spec big cars?