Ride it..or leave it in the lounge for 30yrs?

Mr Man

I agree...it was hardly an investment...and it`s value will plummet the moment you knock it into first gear....It was more the fact that he left it in his living room for 30yrs...although the dealer probably used a bit of artistic license when writting the ad.....Personally I could`t have resisted having one final blast on a 2 stroke from a different era.

I never had a 2 stroke road bike (just as well because I probably wouldnt be here now).... but there are ways of making up for that. This weekend I bought this little beaut for my son who wants to get in to track riding. Its a Suzuki RG125. Properly sorted for streetstock racing and has won a few championships here. Great little bike. Goes well and its very light (about 115kg). Nice an easy to ride but can be made to go quite quick. Should be great fun.

post-5207-137914472366_thumb.jpg

post-5207-137914472363_thumb.jpg

It is only really suitable for a museum as if you rode it, would probably seize up anyway as carb intakes will be perished, oil pump fail etc. or if not the single disc was horrible & the rubber hoses used to expand without 30 years of aging thrown into the mix

Nice to see a classic LC again but in no way is it worth 10k even to a collector as it doesn't look like a "real" LC as is lacking 350 upgrade, Swarbricks, big carbs, drop bars & crash damage...

It is only really suitable for a museum as if you rode it, would probably seize up anyway as carb intakes will be perished, oil pump fail etc. or if not the single disc was horrible & the rubber hoses used to expand without 30 years of aging thrown into the mix...

Its amazing any bike exists that is older than 1981 therefore....