Which wax should i get?

Mo-S3

Just started my first machine polish on a brilliant black Q5; was wondering what to use as a pre wax cleaner and what final wax to apply to give it the deepest wetest look possible?

Ideally would like to get the stuff from halfords as ive got a load of vouchers i need to use

Thanks

ive already got the das 6 polishing kit with the menzerna RD 3.02 and 85RE. once ive been over the car with the 85re should i use the meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner to clean off the polish from the 85RE? or do you suggest something else? Followed by ????

thanks for any advice

ive already got the das 6 polishing kit with the menzerna RD 3.02 and 85RE. once ive been over the car with the 85re should i use the meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner to clean off the polish from the 85RE? or do you suggest something else? Followed by ????

thanks for any advice

I'd say cleaner before polish. Shouldn't need much more than a wipe with a microfibre to remove the 85RE residue. You do an IPA wipedown if you're particularly fussy. As for wax, you could get as many different recommendations as answers to the question ;) My recommendation? Check out the Blackfire stuff (from Polished Bliss). It's not cheap, but I've heard good things about it - particularly that it gives a deep, wet look.

so should i sod the cleaner and just a a good wax?

I would wash, clay, clean, polish, wax. Most of the result is in the prep, the wax really only protects.

anything you can suggest from halfrauds so i can use my vouchers for now?

Oops, forgot that bit. I'd probably go for AutoGlym. HD Wax is supposed to be pretty good (as already stated).

Sorry Mo your right, any thing in the Meguiars range is brilliant especilly the "ultimate" range. start with paint cleaner or ultimate compound then polish and finally ultimate wax you only need about a pound size sqirt in the pad of the wax for most pannels except the bonnet as this is obviously larger as it does the work well,use a micro fibre cloth to polish or your D A machine plus this also stops the " swirl haze" when you see dark cars in certain angles in the sun.

After your polishing with the 85RE I would do an IPA wipedown. There are other products like Menzerna Top Inpsection, which work similar to IPA.This would remove the oils from the polish and ensure a clean surface for your wax or sealant to adhere to. In fact you'll probably find IPA useful for wiping off the residue after the RD3.02 before applying the 85RE - always good to check progress between stages. After all your time and effort, you don't want wax durability issues so best to clean the paint as well as possible after polishing in my opinion. Sounds like you've got a couple of days work ahead there!

Well i manged to do the whole car with the RD3.02, with a white compound pad to remove the fine scratches and swirls. Worked out great; still some very small minute scratches visible under a bright light but bearing in mind this was my first go with a DA (DAS 6) im pretty happy with it. Then redid the whole car again with the 85RE and a yellow polishing pad. Brought some depth to the shine. Now i got a bit naughty and dint wipe down the polishes used as i didnt have any ipa and couldnt be bothered ordering any and waiting for delivery. Anyway; got hold of some AG HD wax cheapish of a friend and have applied 1 coat so far and intend to reapply a 2nd tomorrow. Hopefully the wax has adhered to the paint without any issues.

So far the paint looks superb, fantastic shine and reflection. Pretty chuffed with the outcome and my first detail

for future improvements Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Prime light is a doodle to use and can be easily applied with the DA on a yellow or orange megs pad depending on the level of cut or cleansing required.....or move to Zaino, not cheap but jawdropping. Zaino AIO as a cleanser followed by layers of Z2 and Z6 topped off when layered with Z8