VED exemption petition

eldavo69

If you get behind those feckers on the A1 up to the border or the other routes between Cumbra/Northumberland/The Borders there are faster and less painful ways to die. Why they still insist on letting them out in daylight is beyond me...

Typical typecasting, sorry but there's nothing wrong with caravans been towed on the roads,if towed correctly.

Firstly if I saw a Audi been driven dangerously by a **** does that mean all Audi drivers are ****'s

and secondly what about the lorries on the A1 they hold you up more especially if trying to overtake another lorry.

Rick

Typical typecasting, sorry but there's nothing wrong with caravans been towed on the roads,if towed correctly.

The few that manage to tow safely are still among the slowest vehicles on the road.

Firstly if I saw a Audi been driven dangerously by a **** does that mean all Audi drivers are ****'s

Categorically yes! :grin:

and secondly what about the lorries on the A1 they hold you up more especially if trying to overtake another lorry.

Yes but they're travelling somewhere for a useful purpose, not aimlessly clogging up our highways to go and sit doing f*ck all in a field; they could save us all the hassle and do that in their back garden. :P

• 3 weeks later...
If you get behind those feckers on the A1 up to the border or the other routes between Cumbra/Northumberland/The Borders there are faster and less painful ways to die. Why they still insist on letting them out in daylight is beyond me...

We just had a day trip to Newton Aycliffe today to see a relative,trip was from Swadlincote to Newton Aycliffe the route I took was except a little on B roads was as follows :- A42,M1,A1,A1M then same route back. On a trip like this my wife and son count caravans and main supermarket lorries they see as a game to pass time and a few other games,today we encountered 113 caravans and got held up by not one of them,got held up by the lorries on numerous occasions.

Also on the M1 coming home there was a mandatory 40mph speed restriction imposed due to queueing traffic ahead which everyone was obeying except for one P___k in a Vauxhall Vectre unfortunately didn't take his registration,who thought it was ok to undertake everyone else and keep jumping in and out of the with no care or thought for anyone elses safety.

Also on the fuel consumption part quite impressed,I kept the revs between 2000-2400 which produced a mpg reading ranging from 55.4 mpg-57.7mpg.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Rick

Rick, it doesn't surprise me in slightest - mainly because I think you've misconstrued the focus of my post.

I specifically mentioned Cumbria, Northumberland and The Borders - none of which you have passed through on your trip. Caravanners aren't known for wanting to experience the scenic delights of Newton Aycliffe which lies a good 40 miles and an hour South of the start of the areas I'm talking about and a good 120 miles from The Borders. The difference is collosal.

Yes I was stereotyping but the fact is that caravans on the A and B roads in those counties do cause issues and they're often on routes that the trucks/lorries/HGV's simply don't use.

Rick, it doesn't surprise me in slightest - mainly because I think you've misconstrued the focus of my post.

I specifically mentioned Cumbria, Northumberland and The Borders - none of which you have passed through on your trip. Caravanners aren't known for wanting to experience the scenic delights of Newton Aycliffe which lies a good 40 miles and an hour South of the start of the areas I'm talking about and a good 120 miles from The Borders. The difference is collosal.

Yes I was stereotyping but the fact is that caravans on the A and B roads in those counties do cause issues and they're often on routes that the trucks/lorries/HGV's simply don't use.

Ok thats fair enough I see the point you were making now.

Rick

All that reasonable people ask is that once they reach routes that aren't motorways and dual carriageways, tourists show a little courtesy by pulling over now and then to let the queue go by - whether said tourists are pulling caravans, driving motorhomes or are just fecking slow.

Unfortunately, the majority don't.

Especially on single track roads, if I'm holding up a local I'll pull into a passing place and let him thru. Truth is we'll both get wherever we're going quicker.