Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chillihead

Time for a change?

23 posts in this topic

Hi

Time has come for a change, I currently have an 03 A4 3.0 sport and am considering a 3.0 tdi A5, any suggestions on which to go for and any advice on the price for mine. Considering part exchange with Audi dealer but was offered £2,700 against an 08 A4, help!

Edited by Chillihead

Oh well, drove an S5 today and loved it, high spec and immaculate. A tad under £20,000 will give me £4,000 for mine, mileage 57,500 with FASH. I would ask for input but the A4 forum is far more responsive.

03 A4 3.0 sport Audi dealer offered £2,700

That's a bit rude!! :o

Chris, the S5 will be a 57 or 08 plate. Prices have dropped massively in the last year, a lot of car for 1.6 TDi A3 money. 2008 cars with 40k on the clock are now only 22k. The V8 makes the car, will pull 30 mph in sixth all day long......... before you hook second at the NSL and put your licence on the line. Not even a recent hoon in the savage RS5 has destroyed my fond memories of the S5. Beautiful machine.

My memories of it are that it was too soft and was a very nice GT but was missing anything exciting.

My memories of it are that it was too soft and was a very nice GT but was missing anything exciting.

Was that the S5 or an A5? Mine is definitely a GT car and not a sports car.

The S5 is not special enough for me to warrant having over the 3.0tdi given the economy and performance of the diesel.

A5 needs 19" wheels, sat nav, valcona leather, comfort pack, b&o, and black headlining imho.

Your saloon had roll bars, but standard suspension otherwise? Didn't drive them back to back - the S5 was over a year before I bought the S4 - but thought it handled very nicely indeed compared to my totally stock Avant.

Your saloon had roll bars, but standard suspension otherwise? Didn't drive them back to back - the S5 was over a year before I bought the S4 - but thought it handled very nicely indeed compared to my totally stock Avant.

Yes mine had the rear ARB replaced with the RS4 one which dialled out a chunk of the understeer.

The B6 S4 has pretty firm suspension and I think every Audi since has been more compliant. The S5 just seemed a much softer ride and power delivery. When I said it was more of a GT to the saleman on my return he agreed and said that was quite a frequent comment

Must get that mod done. Also need to get rid of the Dunlops on it when I got it for something like Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 2s or Michelin Pilot Supersports.

Was that the S5 or an A5? Mine is definitely a GT car and not a sports car.

The S5 is not special enough for me to warrant having over the 3.0tdi given the economy and performance of the diesel.

A5 needs 19" wheels, sat nav, valcona leather, comfort pack, b&o, and black headlining imho.

Hi, it does, it is a fully specced 57 plate @67,500................. 190557535427 on e-bay.

As you are no doubt aware, clutch and dual mass flywheel are 2k on these V8 beasts, eight / ten hours labour. Mine was done at 63,500. If you can afford to put down that extra 2k up front, you could have a car with 40k on the clock

Right then, went for a service, bought an A5 cab, collecting Monday, the age old question..........................Can voice command be re enabled?

11 A5 Cab 2.0 TDI

Wow, I'm slow at making decisions but 1 and half years is good going.

Congrats on your new car.

Wow, I'm slow at making decisions but 1 and half years is good going.

Congrats on your new car.

LOL, I know, although in the meantime I have got through an A3 cab and a final edition A4 cab.

Well, thanks Billy, it would appear that no one else is playing, just between you and me, I asked Audi if they could re enable SDS on the car, the answer was no, no, no........................... However, it was done and works faultlessly. :)

Pics please!!

OK< as you asked so nicely ;)

I cannot remember how to upload :(

post-8711-137914495209_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chillihead

Click on the pic link (three to the right of the :) Image).