Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theduisbergkid

Audi A3 in for warranty work, dealer takes family golfing in it...

13 posts in this topic

Just read this on Pistonheads. Copied before they inevitably delete the thread. See below. Utterly disgusting behavior from Audi (Manchester somewhere). :eek:

----------------------

My good friend, who will remain nameless while this affair gets sorted out, decided to treat herself, using her hard earned cash, to her first ever new car.

She is 25 and works jolly hard, so this purchase was a really big thing for her, as would buying a brand new car be to anyone.

She goes to her local main Audi dealer, chooses a nice A3 Sportback S-Line, picks the colour and the options, then waits a couple of months for it to be delivered, finally gets car.

Really likes car, cleans it religiously every week and keeps it pristine.

Few weeks into the ownership, the car refuses to start on a couple of occasions. Dealer is called. Car is taken away and then she is told there is "Nothing wrong with it".

Car fails to start yet again, gets taken into dealership again. They phone her and then decide that yes, the fuel pump is knackered and will fix it. Car stays there for nearly 2 weeks.

Gets car fixed finally and she is told to come and get it, but unfortunately has to send this email to them later on:

Subject: KR11 XXX

Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks again for all your assistance so far, however I have some concerns.

As you know, I collected my vehicle this afternoon. I have just opened the boot to find inside a receipt and score card for 2 x 9 Hole Junior golf pass for Allerton Golf Course, paid for at 2.47 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. There are also multiple scuffs to the backs of both front seats as well as what looks like tree debris in the boot. I have not had anyone at all in the back of my car and the marks look like those that occur when children sit in the rear of a vehicle and knock the back of the front seats with their shoes, these marks have not been caused by my usage. I am also sure that there was no tree debris in the car boot prior to it being handed over to yourselves.

There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but to me it looks like someone has taken their two children to Allerton Golf Course for a round of golf on a Sunday afternoon in my car.

Whilst I understand that the vehicle needed to be driven to establish that the faults had been corrected, I do not feel that this is an appropriate use for my vehicle whilst it is in Audi's possession awaiting repairs.

Please can you let me know what your policy is in regards to the use of my vehicle without my consent, and also what my car was doing in Allerton or a Sunday afternoon, when I presume your service department isn't even open, or of it wasn't in Allerton how the receipt got into my car and the scuffs on the back of the seats?

I look forward to your response.

XXXXXXX

Now, if anyone had spent hard earned cash on a car which was their prized possession and kept it 'as new', you would be pretty annoyed by the disrespect shown here wouldn't you?? furious.gif

That is a fecking disgrace !

I think the dealer needs naming and shaming !

:mad:

I'm not overly surprised - my old lemon did 3,000 miles in 7 months at the dealers .... :rolleyes:

Similar scenarios to these occur way to often, sadly, a guy took his RS 4 to Audi for servicing and monitored it using his tracker to see it had done 68 mph in 30 mph residential limits. Link here. How my car got the full Audi service ... with 27 joyrides included | Mail Online

Then there is Revo Techniks disgusting attitude after they had an accident in a customers 2008 V10 S8 and refused to repair it until word started getting around via various Audi forums.

My S8 rear ended while with the garage! - A8 Parts Forum

Also, there is a guy in the US that took his M5 for a service and the 16 year old apprentice crashed it. Being America, the lawsuit is up and running and the owner is going for mega compensation.

AUTOBAHN BMW Fort Worth ragged my car and wrecked/totaled it on a test drive! - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

My mates pristine Y-reg 540i Touring was crashed by the BMW garage trashing it about the place.

Can't remember the outcome though.

Similar thing happened to the burd at the Glasgow AUDI dealership.

A4 Cabriolet was in for a warranty thing and she had to go back to get work stuff out of it later one night, the service manager said it was out on test she can get the documents the next day.

She urgently neeeded them however and waited in the courtesy car.

90 minutes later still no car , turns out the bam "Technicians" had been taking the cars home.

87 miles later the car was picked up the next evening.

Soiled.

Not L O L

Good sympathetic response from Y282.

What a tw4t.

Par for the course on PH, that's why I don't bother looking in there any more.

Disgraceful. However, I'd not have written to the dealership without copying the letter to Audi in the UK and in Germany. I'd show them the contempt they'd shown me.

My favourite recollection of a car being used inappropriately by a dealers is about 15 years old.

MD of company has a lovely ice blue Jaguar XJ, top of the range jobbie with white/cream leather piped in blue. The company had a large fleet and even employed a garage manager and 2 staff to maintain a large collection of delivery vans. The staff of the internal garage would wash the MD's car every single day without fail. It was as concours as concours gets.

It always went to the local Jaguar dealer for servicing, obviously.

One day the car goes in for something to be done to it and the MD takes a courtesy car of some form.

Later that day, about an hour before he's due to go collect it, he is heading North on the A1 having been on a 15-20 mile run to a satellite office the company had.

An incident occurs.

After the said incident occurs he immediately stops his courtesy car in a layby and telephones the Jaguar dealership.

He asks to be put through to the service department and speak to the service manager, which he duly is.

He says to the service manager "Would you mind telling me where my car is?"

The service manager says "Yes sir, it is on test now and will be ready for collection within the hour"

The MD says to the service manager "Isn't it unusual to test the car some 15 miles away from the dealership?"

The service manager says "Excuse me sir?"

The MD says "I am on the A1, Northbound. I am 15 miles from your dealership. I am in your courtesy car and I have just pulled in from the fast lane to make this call. The reason I have done so is because whilst in the fast lane, proceeding at around 85-90 miles per hour, which I appreciate is far too fast to be travelling but I didn't wish to be late to collect my car tonight, another car approached me rapidly from behind. The car flashed me from a distance and I presumed it was a doctor on call or similar. You can therefore imagine my surprise when my very own Jaguar went past me like a rocket, doing what I can best guess must have been in excess of 120 miles per hour, and that the passenger, a young man, gestured to me with his middle finger as the car passed me."

Pause

The MD then says "So, I would like to ask you again. Where is my car?"

The service manager asked if the matter could be left with him for a few minutes and he'd call him back. 30 minutes later he got a call to tell him the matter was being investigated but yes it would appear he had indeed seen his own car overtake him.

To the credit of the dealers, I guess, a mechanic and a valeter were fired the next day. But it still makes me laugh.

I had this some time ago from Wayside VW MK - last time i ever brought anything from them. Got my car back and the boot was covered in dog hair - I havent had a dog since I was 14. I queried them and was catagorically told it was there before I gave them the car - I disputed this havign no animals that travel in the boot and after throwing a lot of weight around finally turns out that one of the staffs Lupo wasnt big enough so they had been using mine at the weekend .... all this time I'd been told that they were waiting for parts, car was appart so I could stay in the loaner Lupo!!!

They are just modern day pirates.

Whilst I would not expect exessive use of my car whilst being serviced, I did manage to put 300 miles on my A3 loan car whilst my Audi was having warranty work !